Volt and Amp meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMania

uc

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0BwVBBVnPEI7vT0JUM1o3SHdTQkU

Hi,

I leased eGolf as second EV and also installed Siemens L2 charger for eGolf.
So in total I have Tesla mobile adapter which can 240V40A and Siemens L2 changer can 240V30A
In total 70A which is way over than what my garage sub-panel can support, actually sub-panel itself can support 100A but it has 6AWG wire to main-panel and 50A max.
Also my detached garage has small appliances as well as lights and some network servers.
Currently eGolf charges at 16A, and Tesla changes at 25A and the picture shows phase1 113V49.6A and phase2 115V44.8A and I like to believe it is sweat zone for now.
phase1 has more amps because of the crazy bright lights (300W) inside of garage even all are LEDs.

The problem was, I couldn't say how many amps eGolf taking since there is no indicator on the car either charger and I blindly believe phone app and estimate from charging time with remaining battery.
Since I install this, I can immediately see what amps draw from each line and keep my house safe.

If someone interested, I bought the meters from Amazon and two gang switch cover from HomeDepot and it require little modification because of size mismatch.

Back