Questions on delayed charging, heater noise, locking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eGopher

Does anyone know if the Car-Net delayed charging issue is due to the firmware in the vehicle's charging system, the infotainment system, the mobile app on iPhone/Android, the on-line website or the service itself?

If it resides in the car's firmware, then how would that be updated?
Is this something one must bring to dealer to fix or would it be an over-the-air update?

The delayed charging system simply has not worked for me with either level 1 or level 2 charger.
The climate control does work, but only the heat - not the defroster (which would be more useful)

I also noticed a noise coming from the dashboard when the heater/defroster is on.

As many of you have already the locking charger is quite inconvenient for use at work with shared chargers.
I get a lot of grief from other EV owners because it break's the agreed-to protocols.

Has anyone figured out a way to disable or change the e-sound?
I'm thinking of snipping the speaker wires but am wondering if that would cause some other problems.

It isn't clear to me what the true maintenance interval for this car is.
The manual says 1x/year or every 10,000 miles, but would that just be for the drive system or all the systems in the car?

Back