Climatronic Air-Conditioning Menu Setting option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdkman2

So when you press the "Menu" button on the Climatronic system, there's an icon next to the On/Off button.

Can someone help tell me what is suppose to happen when you press it? I don't notice anything in particular when I tried, and the icon itself wasn't entirely intuitive to me.

When pressed, the icon just turns red, and the temperature at the upper right changes to the same icon.

https://imgur.com/a/r3nI9

The manual doesn't even mention this from what I could find on pages 288-290.

I think you just turned on the resistive heating element in the windshield. Just another fantastic engineering decision from Germany...

Personally, I would prefer that the front element turn on when the rear one is turned on. There is a direct button for that function since it is the same as the ICE Golf.

Yes, that's the heated front windshield control. I don't recall if it's in the manual anywhere but my salesperson showed it to me when I collected the car because it's buried in that screen. It would be so much better if it was available on a physical button like the rear screen heater.

Thanks, guys.

Yeah...It would make more sense if it were an actual button that implemented this.

tdkman2 said:
Thanks, guys.

Yeah...It would make more sense if it were an actual button that implemented this.
This is what you get from a car that is designed to share as much as possible with its conventional stable-mates. They're just not going to make a custom HVAC button panel just for this variant. I suppose we're lucky to get the direct heating windscreen at all. Most other EV makers don't bother.

miimura said:
This is what you get from a car that is designed to share as much as possible with its conventional stable-mates. They're just not going to make a custom HVAC button panel just for this variant. I suppose we're lucky to get the direct heating windscreen at all. Most other EV makers don't bother.
Presumably the heated front screen is an option on other models or on Jettas. There are plenty of cars where there are unused blank switch positions - the e-Golf even has some around the shifter, so there's no reason it couldn't be on a physical button and still share hardware with other models. It's just a choice they made and we'll never know why...

Back