question: do you get TPMS message always?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobk2824

If I push the "Car" button, then touch "View" on the display and then touch "Vehicle Status", I get a screen that tells me I need to verify that the tire pressures are all correct and then hit the "Confirm" button.

I've done this a couple times, but that message is still there. The manual hints that the "Vehicle Status" choice is there only if there is a warning to show. I'm wondering if I have a problem or not.

When I took it into VW and told him, he asked: "When you set the tire pressure, did you driver for 20 minutes?". Hmmm. maybe not right away. So this weekend I did it again, put in a couple extra pounds of air and set the Confirm button and drove for about 70 miles. The TPMS message is still there.

On a different subject, if I select via the steering wheel "Vehicle Status", it displays: "No Entries are Available" on the screen directly in front of the driver. What should it display? How do I get that to happen? The VW guy had no idea.

Thanks,
Bob

I've had my car for a week, over 200 miles and do not show anything in the vehicle status screen either.
Also, on the car net app, it doesn't show anything in the trip information (blank).

Bob, that is how it has worked for me, as well. I always get that warning, and there is no other information on that screen.

Did you try to set TPMS in the menu screen?
I did have that on my gasser Golf. One tire was off, I inflated but after that notice still there. What you need to do is press Set TPMS button in the glow box (this is for gasser).

Here I saw that button in menu. Make sure that pressure is correct, as this will be 'right' setting for your system, go to the TPMS menu find that button and try to set it up.

I'd never even looked at that screen until I saw this thread but I couldn't get past the TPMS setting screen either.
I was moving at the time, so maybe it needs to be stationary to set?

GadgetGav said:
I'd never even looked at that screen until I saw this thread but I couldn't get past the TPMS setting screen either.
I was moving at the time, so maybe it needs to be stationary to set?

Thus far I've tried the stationary, moving, reverse, and epc (no motor) modes, but none worked. So, I filled the tires a bit (wanted to get them to 45 psi anyway...not bold enough to do 50) and tried again to no avail. They were at 40-42 before, so I think the 'correct' pressure thing is not relevant. I'm convinced it's a software issue. A non-critical, but vexing glitch.

Cheers,
Tim

The tires have a sidewall maximum of 51PSI. and they are fine at 50PSI. The threshold I have noticed is wet traction - with worn tread, some tires spin as you accelerate from a stop in wet conditions. But in dry, higher pressure seems to handle better.

Back