Radio station change on startup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple issues....the radio station often ends up at far end of the dial (88.7 fm) on start up.
Seems like a saftware glitch.

Also.....for some reason i have a hell of a time understanding when the car is started or not.
If you push start without your foot on the brake it will ding 4 times without the final ding. Then i put in drive and it rolls.....cuz its not actually started. The number of dings seems random too.

I understand theres a green light that says ready....thats the only way you can tell if you need to push start or not.

Many times: i think the car is ready to go. Radio is on, ac is on, i putt the car in drive, step on the gas and nothing. So i put my foot on the brake hit the start button, and the car goes off. Then i hit start button again, and then i have to wait for the agonizing 5 seconds of beeping to move. Its wierd and confusing.

I did have same thing with radio - always some Spanish station for me. But for last few days suddenly it always stays on station I used before turning it off... Finger crossed :)

About starting, now I always look into dash to check that Ready light. At first I was like trying to listen engine for some time and had some issues as OP described. That light it's the only sign it can go for me.

Another indicator: on the dash the power gauge(big one on the left) will move from OFF position to veritcal.

2015-Volkswagen-eGolf-gauges-598.jpg

sweetwagon said:
Another indicator: on the dash the power gauge(big one on the left) will move from OFF position to veritcal.

2015-Volkswagen-eGolf-gauges-598.jpg

How did you change it to display charge percentage on the bottom right of the MFD instead of range?

Back