My 1 year review 2015 SEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a hot summer in the Los Angeles area, San Fernando Valley in particular. I am very easy on the traction battery in my e-Golf. I have averaged 6.0 mi/kWh the past 1900 miles on my e-Golf. I have rarely averaged less than 5.5mi/kWh per recharge. I have about 7700 miles on my car, as of tonight.

My battery range, with this 6.0mi/kwh is now down from 129 miles of range per recharge, down to 120 miles of range per recharge. This amounts to about 93% of the range that the car had when brand new, in 365 days. I would say over 85-90% of all my recharging has occurred at home, on my 240V 30A EVSE unit.

It will be interesting to see what my range is on my battery at year 2 with 15,000 mile or a bit more on the battery. I'm watching trends and tendencies. I first noticed a loss of range per charge, in April or May of this year, when temps started getting in the 85-90 F range, so the question that remains to be answered is this: is the loss summer heat related? I rarely run the AC.

Back