Rear View Camera & PDC Display Issue (2015 SEL)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hetz8500

I've had almost no issues with my 2015 SEL but since last week, the display has been acting up when in reverse. After starting the car and shifting into reverse, the rear view camera appears on the display with the Park Distance Control on the left side of the screen and display options on the right (see attached photo). After a few seconds, the PDC and display options boxes are supposed to fade out, leaving just the image of the car with the PDC sensor zones over the camera's image. This is no longer happening, both boxes remain on the screen and block a good 1/2 of the image. I can press the button to hide the PDC display but that hides it completely.

Here is how my screen looks:
aJYAQKK.jpg

Here's a youtube video showing how the screen used to and should function when shifting into reverse (scroll to 1:30):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGMYcTQ6hWw

Anyone else have this issue? I've tried waiting a while before shifting into reverse as well as disconnecting the 12v battery to see if this would reset it, but no luck.

I purchased a 2015 SEL a couple months ago and mine has never done this. I am thinking it has something to do with the new software. It makes sense now to me that this should occur because the backup cam is useless unless that fades away. I always thought VW just didnt think that through but now i will take this back to the dealer to figure out why mine isn't doing it since it is still under warranty.

It was something software related with the proximity sensor below the screen. Normally these boxes appear at first then disappear after a few seconds, then they’ll reappear if you move your hand near the screen. Something software glitch was triggering the sensor keeping the boxes visible constantly, rendering the backup cam useless. They reset my software under warranty and the issue hasn’t happened since.

My 16 SE sometimes the rear camera display will not show. I get a blank screen when i put into reverse. It only happens like 2-3 times in almost 3-years. I can live with that. :)

I get the black screen if i am going over a certain speed backwards. I finally got the non fade issue fixed at the dealership. I was furious when i got up their because they told me my car was done because i got the A/C to stay off recoding / tech tip done along with the back up camera issue but they stated the backup camera still wasnt working the correct way after the update and VW tech told them that the car is working how it should

Its amazing how oblivious the people that work on these cars and the service advisors are. I had a whole argument with the advisor about if it isnt fading it isnt working right. She insisted it was not working the way i told her it should but it was working "correctly". I got my keys and went into the car and put it in reverse and waited and it faded like it should. I then went and got the advisor and told her that it is now working correctly the way i told her it should. She was dumbfounded that is did exactly like i said.

But now that they fixed this my ipod wont connect to the radio again. So i will now have to get them to hopefully correct that issue again and hope it doesn't mess up everything i finally got fixed.

cyb593 said:
I get the black screen if i am going over a certain speed backwards. I finally got the non fade issue fixed at the dealership. I was furious when i got up their because they told me my car was done because i got the A/C to stay off recoding / tech tip done along with the back up camera issue but they stated the backup camera still wasnt working the correct way after the update and VW tech told them that the car is working how it should

Its amazing how oblivious the people that work on these cars and the service advisors are. I had a whole argument with the advisor about if it isnt fading it isnt working right. She insisted it was not working the way i told her it should but it was working "correctly". I got my keys and went into the car and put it in reverse and waited and it faded like it should. I then went and got the advisor and told her that it is now working correctly the way i told her it should. She was dumbfounded that is did exactly like i said.

But now that they fixed this my ipod wont connect to the radio again. So i will now have to get them to hopefully correct that issue again and hope it doesn't mess up everything i finally got fixed.

My iPhone no longer connects when plugged it. It will charge (very slowly) but I have to use bluetooth to connect to for playing music.

Back