Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Drive a demo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flyboy320 said:
Does anyone know what package you need to have the digital gauges, or is that just available in the US?

is that the drivers assist package , adaptive cruise control etc ? lane awareness

That's the wrong digital dash anyway. This is how it really looks in an e-golf:

Volkswagen-eGolf-2017-Innenraum.jpg

That's the driver assistance package. It'll come to Canada in late 2017 or early 2018.

Zeuser said:
That's the wrong digital dash anyway. This is how it really looks in an e-golf:
That's the driver assistance package. It'll come to Canada in late 2017 or early 2018.

OK, great, thanks Zeuser... ;)

Zeuser said:
As you already know, it's hard to find an eGolf demonstrator to try out in southern Ontario (Canada).

Georgetown VW has a 2017 eGolf demonstrator.

It's a white Tech + leatherette.

When I arrived there, they were still peeling away the plastic protective cover. There was only 30km on the odometer.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ge...8c7f2d80f8!8m2!3d43.650523!4d-79.901998?hl=en

took it for a drive yesterday , friendly sales staff , was great to actually touch and operate before I take delivery of mine ....yes .. still waiting .... lol

Does anyone know how much the Tech and Leatherette Package cost?

I didn't have the options to pick the packages since the VW Villa told me they were only able to try and get my one of the extra allocation they saw was available for September 2017. Since I had an appointment for bringing back my TDI in July, I wanted to try and get my hands on an Egolf within this year. So they couldn't guarantee me even the colour at the time.

So far I've been down by MidTown VW that the 9.2 inch screen + leatherette were standard.... at least from what the sales rep told me. Surprising since I know the comfortline only comes with the 8.5 screen and non leatherette from all the reviews and videos I've seen relating to 2017 EGolfs in Canada.

Anyhow I'm crossing my fingers that the vehicle I will be getting has it... but I'm paying the base price of $36K so I guess I shouldnt hold my breathe on it... lol

yetimeistar said:

I didn't have the options to pick the packages since the VW Villa told me they were only able to try and get my one of the extra allocation they saw was available for September 2017. Since I had an appointment for bringing back my TDI in July, I wanted to try and get my hands on an Egolf within this year. So they couldn't guarantee me even the colour at the time.

So far I've been down by MidTown VW that the 9.2 inch screen + leatherette were standard.... at least from what the sales rep told me. Surprising since I know the comfortline only comes with the 8.5 screen and non leatherette from all the reviews and videos I've seen relating to 2017 EGolfs in Canada.

Anyhow I'm crossing my fingers that the vehicle I will be getting has it... but I'm paying the base price of $36K so I guess I shouldnt hold my breathe on it... lol

Base Comfortline is $35,995

$2305 for tech package + $360 for leatherette
Another 2305$ for driver assistant package

The dealer is likely indicating that you have to get Tech and Leatherette together, you can't select one or the other. There are base Comfortlines without the Tech and leatherette packages out there, but I would assume they were scooped up by those that put deposits down. (I have one myself).

The one's with Driver Assistant Package just started to get built in Germany so they are likely to start being delivered in the fall.

If you want something custom (custom colour or a mix of the packages) you will be waiting for a while, maybe even into 2018.

Bertbdj said:
yetimeistar said:

Base Comfortline is $35,995

$2305 for tech package + $360 for leatherette
Another 2305$ for driver assistant package

The dealer is likely indicating that you have to get Tech and Leatherette together, you can't select one or the other. There are base Comfortlines without the Tech and leatherette packages out there, but I would assume they were scooped up by those that put deposits down. (I have one myself).

The one's with Driver Assistant Package just started to get built in Germany so they are likely to start being delivered in the fall.

If you want something custom (custom colour or a mix of the packages) you will be waiting for a while, maybe even into 2018.

Thanks for the information Bertbdj. The tech packaged and leatherette would be nice to have but not a must for me anyway. Especially since there is android auto now. I do prefer having a volume knob vs just the touchscreen only.

Ive been told if you aren't confirmed with a vehicle now for 2017 you will be out of luck for the rest of the year. Delivery will happen in 2018. At least that was what the sales rep at VW Villa told me.

Just saw your post in the other thread. Envious of the Atlantic Blue you got! That was the one I wanted but was just happy to not have a beige one lol

Hi,
I live in the Netherlands. I bought my new e-golf beginning of may. Color is Atlantic blue.
Today I drove 160 km (99miles), half freeway. I did 13,5 KWH / 100 km (62miles) which is reaaly good. It is easy to exceed the stated range as long as you avoid the highway. The KWH / km goes under 12 or 11 kwh / 100 km (62miles).
The official range is 300km (186miles)
The e-golf did also well in reviews, better than the chevrolet bolt, here in the Netherlands.

In the last picture near the shifter is a set of 4 lights (upper left 2 , middle right 2)

What's those say? The upper left 1 is the only button we have in the states.

forbin404 said:
In the last picture near the shifter is a set of 4 lights (upper left 2 , middle right 2)

What's those say? The upper left 1 is the only button we have in the states.

Upper left: Mode (we get that) and pedestrian warning sound. The warning sound can be toggled in europe. Not in America though.
On the right is parking sensors and parking assist. I know parking sensors are on the tech package. I think the parking assist is on the driver assist package.

The demo @ Georgetown is now up for sale on trader.ca

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Volkswa...50504090658776/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=12_15_20

How do I know it's the same car? Stock # H0471. I have a photo of the key fob when I test drove it with that number on the tag.

Since it was never registered I'm assuming that the government rebate is still available. if it weren't for the leatherette and the tech package, I'd get it. Or put it this way: I'd get it for the same price I negotiated for the base model.

I will be surprised if they are actually selling the demo. Probably just using it as a sample to try to bring more business. Many dealerships do that. I specifically asked one of the salespeople at Georgetown VW if the demo is available for sale - he basically said "no way".

Zeuser said:

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Volkswa...50504090658776/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=12_15_20

How do I know it's the same car? Stock # H0471. I have a photo of the key fob when I test drove it with that number on the tag.

Since it was never registered I'm assuming that the government rebate is still available. if it weren't for the leatherette and the tech package, I'd get it. Or put it this way: I'd get it for the same price I negotiated for the base model.

egolf2017toronto said:
I will be surprised if they are actually selling the demo. Probably just using it as a sample to try to bring more business. Many dealerships do that. I specifically asked one of the salespeople at Georgetown VW if the demo is available for sale - he basically said "no way".

Zeuser said:

Then why would they list the stock number of the demo in the ad? Isn't that a bait-and-switch? That's illegal you know.

The same car has been changed to "used" and stock # is now DEMOGF7221. It now has 334km on the clock.

Seems the dealers aren't all that interested in keeping their demos. So this "now way we're selling you our demo" is total B.S.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for base model. ~ 5 months.

Zeuser said:
The same car has been changed to "used" and stock # is now DEMOGF7221. It now has 334km on the clock.

Interesting. That dealership might've changed its mind. The extreme supply shortage here in Ontario is causing all kinds of weirdness.

egolf2017toronto said:
Zeuser said:

Interesting. That dealership might've changed its mind. The extreme supply shortage here in Ontario is causing all kinds of weirdness.

Really weird. Some people have to wait for a very long time and yet some eGolfs have been listed on trader.ca for weeks.

Got a chance to test drive it at Georgetown. I think when I the mileage it was at 410ish. They were keeping track of the test drive mileage too.

I'm still waiting on my E-Golf too from Villa Volkswagen. Was told to expect it in September back in June right before I took my TDI in for the buyback. But then got a call 2 weeks ago telling me that all the July units they were expecting were delayed to September... and now they are telling me the white leatherette unit that is allotted to me will be coming November... I hope there won't be more delays... Hoping to get in the EV Ontario rebate before they reduce it next year (maybe).

But I must say the driving experience was a good one. Didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did but the regen braking was fun... this is not going to be good for my hypermiling tendencies lol

Back