Toronto / Ontario 2017 EGolf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

First time poster here . Very excited to find this forum exists! Decided to join since I just received a call from the dealer that there is a 2017 EGolf available for me this September.

I got a chance to see one in person last week as well as they were just delivering their first EGolf ever. The sales agent told me it was the comfortline and that this was the basic model since most ppl were only able to just put down a deposit and pick a colour. However I wasn't sure if he was providing me with the right information since he was showing me the 9inch infotainment system as well as the car being leather seats. From everything I've read that should be the upgraded tech package (didn't have the digital dash tho).

So long story short, just wanted to see if anyone know what the $36K Comfortline comes with. Eg. Leather seats? 8.5 Inch screen?

Also would love to hear from any Canadian EGolf owners that have their vehicles already!

VWoA and VW Canada spec their cars differently, so it's hard to tell if the info you're getting is correct or not based on what the US cars have. (Almost all of the members here are from the US).

For example, I also have an Alltrack. In the US, it's available in the usual 3 trim levels (S, SE, and SEL corresponding roughly to Trendline, Comfortline, and Highline respectively), but in Canada it's only available as a top spec model. The Canadian version also gets real leather seats whereas the Alltrack only comes in leatherette for the US market regardless of trim level.

The opposite is true for the Golf Station Wagon 4Motion, which in the US only comes in the base S trim level with cloth seats; the same car in Canada is available in 3 trim levels.

You may want to go over to the forums at VWVortex as there is a specific eGolf forum and a specific thread(s) for Canadian availability. One of the participants is himself a Canadian VW dealer who has access to the info.

FYI VW has not released specs for the US model 2017 eGolf either, even though we're halfway through the calendar year. I suspect VWoA is going to skip the MY 2017 eGolf and offer the "new and improved" extended range version as a MY 2018, with the facelifted styling already available in Europe.

Thanks RonDawg.

I did notice that the US site only showed the 2016 EGolf. I'm starting to think the VW Canada will likely get 1 trim with little added features available. The sales rep didn't seem to mention anything wrt the Tech Package or Drivers Assist.

yetimeistar said:
Hi everyone,

First time poster here . Very excited to find this forum exists! Decided to join since I just received a call from the dealer that there is a 2017 EGolf available for me this September.

I got a chance to see one in person last week as well as they were just delivering their first EGolf ever. The sales agent told me it was the comfortline and that this was the basic model since most ppl were only able to just put down a deposit and pick a colour. However I wasn't sure if he was providing me with the right information since he was showing me the 9inch infotainment system as well as the car being leather seats. From everything I've read that should be the upgraded tech package (didn't have the digital dash tho).

So long story short, just wanted to see if anyone know what the $36K Comfortline comes with. Eg. Leather seats? 8.5 Inch screen?

Also would love to hear from any Canadian EGolf owners that have their vehicles already!

just picked mine up today ,, got all the options but the drivers assist so no adaptive cruise and lane departure etc .. stuff I am capable of still doing lol , and with a 200 k + or - range cruise is not required .. need it on a 5 hr drive to Montreal , not the 1 hr to Toronto ...

charged overnight on 110 v , started with 175k range , now it shows 236 k range .. 35 more than the 201 k stated capacity , wondering if the brochure range a conservative estimate considering all factors , I am on the steep part of the learning curve so pardon my ignorance ... :lol:

and test run done a success , 234 k range setting out , returned in eco mode with 29 k range remaining .. like a video game driving keeping up with regen modes and trying not to be a hyper miler and annoy those others around me driving like my deceased grandparents ... ;-) now timing the recharge from near empty on 110v plug .. see if the expense of the 220v unit will be worth the outlay .. majority of driving with this vehicle will be under 20 k round trips , so quick turnaround on battery is not essential and if required , make use of a commercial unit with proper planning , may have just answered my own question here ... :roll:

Kosta, meet the Guess-O-Meter. The range the car displays is just a guess based on your prior driving history. If you drive very efficiently on Saturday, your full charge overnight will show lots of range on Sunday. Your clue is the "Since Charge" data on the infotainment screen.

Figure 31 kW useable charge in your battery. Take all the marks on your "fuel" equivalent gauge from "full", to in the red "empty" and figure out how many Kw used every two clicks. Probably just under 4kw for every two marks on the gauge. That should ball park you... kilometers traveled every 2 clicks. I'd say if you get 38 kilometers traveled on level ground, every 2 marks on your gauge, you're doing really good.

You'll find your range is extensive, if you stay off of country roads and freeways, and keep your BLVD speeds at or under 75kmh.

Kosta said:
and test run done a success , 234 k range setting out , returned in eco mode with 29 k range remaining .. like a video game driving keeping up with regen modes and trying not to be a hyper miler and annoy those others around me driving like my deceased grandparents ... ;-) now timing the recharge from near empty on 110v plug .. see if the expense of the 220v unit will be worth the outlay .. majority of driving with this vehicle will be under 20 k round trips , so quick turnaround on battery is not essential and if required , make use of a commercial unit with proper planning , may have just answered my own question here ... :roll:

That is awesome. That was what I read and watched in most reviews wrt the range. In Europe they had it at 300km but VW was more conservative with their estimate at 207km. So it is a pleasant surprise to see anything over that. I do wonder how badly the kms will drop once winter hits (nice feature is the ability to warm up the car before heading out while plugged in).

So you were able to select the options on your E-Golf? I was told all the EGolf that Canada is receiving for 2017 will be comfortline but when I went in to take a look at the one getting delivered to another customer it had leatherette seating and also the 9.5 inch screen (not important since I much prefer the volume knob versus pure touch screen).

Sounds like you are enjoying it so far too lol.

Been following the couple that is driving a Chevy Bolt across Canada. So far it has cost them $58 for 6000km (I think... that or 4000km). Would be happy if I was able to take the EGolf out to Niagara on the Lake... but maybe the Ontario will be able to get their projected charge stations in time to even make it out to Montreal lol.... hopeful thinking to say the least

Kosta said:
yetimeistar said:
Hi everyone,

just picked mine up today ,, got all the options but the drivers assist so no adaptive cruise and lane departure etc .. stuff I am capable of still doing lol , and with a 200 k + or - range cruise is not required .. need it on a 5 hr drive to Montreal , not the 1 hr to Toronto ...

Let me guess: White , Tech package with leatherette. All the ones I've seen so far in Toronto are exactly the same model.

Zeuser said:
Kosta said:
yetimeistar said:
Hi everyone,

Let me guess: White , Tech package with leatherette. All the ones I've seen so far in Toronto are exactly the same model.

I hope mine is with the Tech package with leatherette! Just posted in another thread wondering if mine will be. I think Kosta got a black one.

just picked mine up today ,, got all the options but the drivers assist so no adaptive cruise and lane departure etc .. stuff I am capable of still doing lol , and with a 200 k + or - range cruise is not required .. need it on a 5 hr drive to Montreal , not the 1 hr to Toronto ...[/quote]

Let me guess: White , Tech package with leatherette. All the ones I've seen so far in Toronto are exactly the same model.[/quote]

I hope mine is with the Tech package with leatherette! Just posted in another thread wondering if mine will be. I think Kosta got a black one.[/quote]

Atlantic Blue, Comfortline with no options. So cloth seats and the 8.5 inch screen with knobs. I really like having knobs over the touch screen only set up on the 9 incher. Loving the car so far!

Bertbdj said:
Atlantic Blue, Comfortline with no options. So cloth seats and the 8.5 inch screen with knobs. I really like having knobs over the touch screen only set up on the 9 incher. Loving the car so far!

Any chance you could post a picture of the Atlantic Blue? It's hard to get an idea of the colours from VW's web site.

yetimeistar said:
Been following the couple that is driving a Chevy Bolt across Canada. So far it has cost them $58 for 6000km (I think... that or 4000km). Would be happy if I was able to take the EGolf out to Niagara on the Lake... but maybe the Ontario will be able to get their projected charge stations in time to even make it out to Montreal lol.... hopeful thinking to say the least

I thought they were installing DC fast units at every highway rest/gas/restaurant stop / any time soon would be good ;-)

Back