EV Dream Ends Soon for Ontarians

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichwoo

Doug Ford wants to kill cap and trade. The Ontario EV incentive will lose its funding. There will be no more EV rebate. This leave a lot of us who ordered EVs already hanging. Not everyone who made a deposit in a dealer can get their deposit back upon order cancellation. I am wondering how many of us will eventually be affected. So far I am just hoping my EV will arrive before Doug Ford changes the policy. There is resistance from the Federal govt against Doug Ford with this change. Doug wants to bring the matter to court against the Federal Govt. Is this really helping Ontario burning money in court? I don't know. But I do know, the longer they spend debating in court, the higher the chance I will get my rebate. Hopefully.

johnnylingo said:
Isn't Doug Ford the guy that pulled a Marion Barry and got caught smoking crack? I thought he died last year.

Rob Ford died. Doug Ford is still alive to warm the planet up further.

ichwoo said:
johnnylingo said:
Isn't Doug Ford the guy that pulled a Marion Barry and got caught smoking crack? I thought he died last year.

Ichwoo, are you still alive to warm the planet up further, too? WTF, dude!

JoulesThief said:
ichwoo said:
johnnylingo said:

Ichwoo, are you still alive to warm the planet up further, too? WTF, dude!

what is your problem?

All of the green initiatives that the liberals implemented will be squashed with the cancellation of the cap and trade by Premier Ford.
I didn't know this until I read the article linked below, that the electric vehicle incentives and other green programs were funded by the provinces biggest polluters with the cap and trade....which makes a lot of sense.
In the end the cancellation of the cap and trade will cost Ontarians more with refunding the companies the billions they've put into it, as well as slow the progress of clean technologies.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/queenspark/2018/06/20/ontario-set-to-hit-the-brakes-on-electric-vehicle-rebates.html

Back