Europe - Belgium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I'm wondering if there are any belgian owners who want to share there expiriences with the e-golf?
I bought mine february 2015 and drive nearly 5000 km by now.
I was surprised of the battery capacity increasing as temperature is rising above 10°C, so I have a range of about 140 km (mixed highway/city).
Next WE I planned my first long trip to the west, while DC charging in between. :p

A sunroof is the only thing I missed in my new e-golf.
As in USA I have problems in delayed charging, so I think there is a problem with the e-manager. The cardealer is searching...

Finallyegolf said:
Hello!

I'm wondering if there are any belgian owners who want to share there expiriences with the e-golf?
I bought mine february 2015 and drive nearly 5000 km by now.
I was surprised of the battery capacity increasing as temperature is rising above 10°C, so I have a range of about 140 km (mixed highway/city).
Next WE I planned my first long trip to the west, while DC charging in between. :p

A sunroof is the only thing I missed in my new e-golf.
As in USA I have problems in delayed charging, so I think there is a problem with the e-manager. The cardealer is searching...

Just a quick reply from a fellow belgian: I'm driving a blue facelift eGolf 7 in Vlaams-Brabant since december 2017. Our limited experience is very positive.

During christmas holidays, I've had all departure schedules disabled, and charging was immediate. I'm enabling the schedules again now, that might change things a bit.

I'm charging from a wall socket so far. Planning on having electrics upgraded to 3-phases and installing a decent wallcharger.

The longest trip we've done so far was to De Efteling and back. Destination charging is possible there, but is very slow. Avoiding the highway both ways (2 h / 110 km one-way, instead of 1h40 / 160 km), we arrived back home with around 40 km range left.

Back