Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any e-golf owners in Arizona?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am 

gvblake22 wrote:
JoulesThief,
I appreciate the offer but I have already decided I would not be happy with an EV that has less than 100 miles of range. There are actually a couple e-Golfs available locally if I did want to go that route.

My interest in the e-Golf is due to the fact I already have a 2012 Golf TDI. It was affected by the diesel emissions scandal and I've chosen the buyback option. I'll be handing over my much loved Golf April 18th. The combination of my enjoyment with the Golf and the numerous benefits of electric vehicles combine to make the e-Golf my top choice. Unfortunately, as excited and ready as I am to buy one, I think being patient for the 2017/2018 models is my best bet; especially if they will indeed have nationwide availability.

Fortunately, my wife will also be needing a new car soon-ish so I think I'll get an ICE now, then hand that over to her when there is a suitable EV available for me (hopefully it's the e-Golf).

One interesting option, that I suspect my wife will be availing herself of, is to look towards an eTron. Meanwhile, what would you be willing to sell your TDI for? We lost our Sportwagen to the scandal...RIP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm 

bizzle wrote:
One interesting option, that I suspect my wife will be availing herself of, is to look towards an eTron.

The Audi e-tron is nice, but it's basically a fancified gen 1 Volt that's out of my price range. :|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 pm 

gvblake22 wrote:
bizzle wrote:
One interesting option, that I suspect my wife will be availing herself of, is to look towards an eTron.

The Audi e-tron is nice, but it's basically a fancified gen 1 Volt that's out of my price range. :|

Having test driven both, I can say without reservation it's an eGolf that can do long-haul trips and not at all like a Volt. I couldn't even fit my lab into the back of the Volt and wouldn't want to ride in the back seat. It's not remotely comparable to a Volt other than having an ICE along with the electric drivetrain.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm 

bizzle wrote:
gvblake22 wrote:
JoulesThief,
I appreciate the offer but I have already decided I would not be happy with an EV that has less than 100 miles of range. There are actually a couple e-Golfs available locally if I did want to go that route.

My interest in the e-Golf is due to the fact I already have a 2012 Golf TDI. It was affected by the diesel emissions scandal and I've chosen the buyback option. I'll be handing over my much loved Golf April 18th. The combination of my enjoyment with the Golf and the numerous benefits of electric vehicles combine to make the e-Golf my top choice. Unfortunately, as excited and ready as I am to buy one, I think being patient for the 2017/2018 models is my best bet; especially if they will indeed have nationwide availability.

Fortunately, my wife will also be needing a new car soon-ish so I think I'll get an ICE now, then hand that over to her when there is a suitable EV available for me (hopefully it's the e-Golf).

One interesting option, that I suspect my wife will be availing herself of, is to look towards an eTron. Meanwhile, what would you be willing to sell your TDI for? We lost our Sportwagen to the scandal...RIP.

Why couldn't you keep your Sportwagen?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:02 pm 

JoulesThief wrote:
bizzle wrote:
gvblake22 wrote:
JoulesThief,

Why couldn't you keep your Sportwagen?

It was sideswiped and rear-ended.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:23 pm 

bizzle wrote:
gvblake22 wrote:
bizzle wrote:

Having test driven both, I can say without reservation it's an eGolf that can do long-haul trips and not at all like a Volt. I couldn't even fit my lab into the back of the Volt and wouldn't want to ride in the back seat. It's not remotely comparable to a Volt other than having an ICE along with the electric drivetrain.

Fair enough. I lumped the things like passenger comfort under the "fancified" umbrella. I was really interested in the gen. 2 Volt until I sat in it. I'm about 6'3" and my head was brushing the top in the front seat and couldn't sit up straight in the back seat. My Golf on the other hand fits me just fine. I'd probably have one in my driveway right now if it weren't for the atrocious interior space.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 pm 

gvblake22 wrote:
I'm about 6'3" and my head was brushing the top in the front seat and couldn't sit up straight in the back seat. My Golf on the other hand fits me just fine. I'd probably have one in my driveway right now if it weren't for the atrocious interior space.

Yes...I had read several reviews and couldn't believe nobody mentioned the lack of headroom. I'm 5'11" and it was too low even for me. On the plus side, the seats are higher than the e-Golf, so a short person with bad knees would likely have the opposite opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:04 pm 

just bought a 2017 egolf and love it (i live in phoenix). interested to hear if others here have noticed any significant loss of battery capacity as a result of the heat.

thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm 

This is my third summer with the eGolf here in Phoenix/Scottsdale - no problems so far, still loving it every day. I've seen a few others around, but not many.

I'm seeing a slight drop in range, but I think it's to be expected as I'm over 40K miles.

Did you buy yours from Lesueur?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 pm 

nope - from a vw dealer in san jose.
thanks!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next