'Health' error on Car-net but NOT in car ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PacBlue

I'm bringing the car in to my VW dealer this Wednesday so they can check it out BUT my 'health' indicator in Car-net shows an 'Engine Control' malfunction (text starts with Engine Control malfunction, engine may be misfiring ...) but of course we don't have an 'engine' we have an electric motor; the service tech was not sure what it might be so we'll let them do their thing -- took the car for a quick trip early today (its quite hot here today - 95 F so it stayed home afterwards so I didn't get stranded) and not showing any faults; I'm thinking that car-net is just throwing out something and they'll simply need to reset it but we'll see -- anyone else get this error?? I would have attached a photo (can't on this forum) of the actual error but this was the closest web page that shows the green check mark (mine is a yellow ! icon now and it says I need to bring the car in for service if it still runs)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/c...L5zpdD2Bfckw-5FEgwfA0tlz8qOB43rks5HB9IVn=h900

I'm getting this as well. The iPhone app tells me to check the VHR, but I don't subscribe to full car-net so I cannot check anything. If I click the VHR page, it is greyed out however in the background you can read that it is saying the check engine light is up and it is due to a "misfire"...

PacBlue said:
I'm bringing the car in to my VW dealer this Wednesday so they can check it out BUT my 'health' indicator in Car-net shows an 'Engine Control' malfunction (text starts with Engine Control malfunction, engine may be misfiring ...) but of course we don't have an 'engine' we have an electric motor; the service tech was not sure what it might be so we'll let them do their thing -- took the car for a quick trip early today (its quite hot here today - 95 F so it stayed home afterwards so I didn't get stranded) and not showing any faults; I'm thinking that car-net is just throwing out something and they'll simply need to reset it but we'll see -- anyone else get this error?? I would have attached a photo (can't on this forum) of the actual error but this was the closest web page that shows the green check mark (mine is a yellow ! icon now and it says I need to bring the car in for service if it still runs)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/c...L5zpdD2Bfckw-5FEgwfA0tlz8qOB43rks5HB9IVn=h900

Follow up and to close this out -- car still was running fine but did not want to get stranded so had VW service check it out -- they found fault U040100 set in the brake booster but it was invalid for the ECM and they didn't find any other faults so they sent a case to VW; VW said OK to erase error and then do a road test to check if it comes back -- all is good, also the Car-net site now shows the error has cleared as well on the 'health' report -- my Car-net will soon also be only EV functions so I'll know what to do if anything likes this happens again; a funny side-note, here in IL VW doesn't yet sell new e-Golf's so my paperwork says that its a 'VW La Grande' (old term for the Super Beetle !) --- service dept. said they are starting to see a few e-Golf's coming in for service; all their tech's are certified so nice to know other than perhaps EV specific parts they can handle service issue quickly.

I got the same "error" on my car. Called VW directly, no idea. They said to go to service. Dealer did a full scan on the car, no problems at all.

VW really needs to get their crap together with Car Net. This new mobile app update is a huge improvement, but false-errors shouldn't be happening. And if they are, VW should know why...

Back