Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Car Net subscription mandatory for Mobile App usage?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 am 

i just received an email from Car Net asking me to renew my subscription after the 6 month introductory period. When I purchased the car, the sales rep promised that mobile app usage would continue whether i subscribed or not.

Anyone been through this process before? While the mobile app is truly shite...i need it to confirm delayed charging.

Post subject: Re: Is Car Net subscription mandatory for Mobile App usage?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 am 

pcappel wrote:
i just received an email from Car Net asking me to renew my subscription after the 6 month introductory period. When I purchased the car, the sales rep promised that mobile app usage would continue whether i subscribed or not.

Anyone been through this process before? While the mobile app is truly shite...i need it to confirm delayed charging.

You should tell them to check their records, the E-Golf comes with 3 years of Car-Net, not 6 months. They tried the same crap on me, and I had to correct them, and this was just starting the service. Verizon is slimy crap with their scam tactics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 am 

Exactly! That was my understanding, too. Car Net's response was that although the EV services continue free, I can't use their mobile app unless I continue my Car Net subscription. Which is basically saying the EV services are useless.

Anyone actually had their mobile app terminated because they didn't resubscribe? Or is this really just an empty threat/scam?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:45 pm 

Scammy ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:02 pm 

wondering the same thing. carnet rep told me I need to pay for carnet to continue to use app despite it saying 3 years comp'd for the EV related items.

I guess I'll find out in 6 months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:57 pm 

I checked with the sales rep at Dirito Brothers in Walnut Creek, Ca where I bought the car. Sh e confirmed that the mobile app and its associated EV services is free for 3 years with the eGolf.

Either VW product groups are simply not coordinating or Car Net is engaged in a campaign of disinformation to generate revenues.

Pre-TDI scandal I would not assume either is highly likely. Funny how trust can evaporate so fast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:20 pm 

pcappel wrote:
I checked with the sales rep at Dirito Brothers in Walnut Creek, Ca where I bought the car. Sh e confirmed that the mobile app and its associated EV services is free for 3 years with the eGolf.

Either VW product groups are simply not coordinating or Car Net is engaged in a campaign of disinformation to generate revenues.

Pre-TDI scandal I would not assume either is highly likely. Funny how trust can evaporate so fast.

Makes sense. Just like the XM sat radio people. They'll do anything to get you to sign up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 am 

DasCC wrote:
Makes sense. Just like the XM sat radio people. They'll do anything to get you to sign up
XM salespeople were relentless with our e-Golf. The funny thing is that the car is parked in our garage or in underground parking at my wife's office most of the time, so the signal to cut the subscription was never received by the radio. It's still working! Suck it XM!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 pm 

pcappel wrote:

Go to your Car-net Account page (top right)

Mine says:
Quote:
VW Car-Net New Vehicle Trial
Subscription active until Dec 19, 2015
VW Car-Net 3 year EV Complimentary
Subscription active until Jun 19, 2018

Looks like it will auto-renew the subscription, but it's just goes by a different promotional name. So, DONT PAY!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 pm 

We have 2 subscription when buy/lease eGolf:
- one 6 month trial of more advanced stuff, like auto collision notification, vehicle assist etc.
- 3 year complimentary service (app access, only access to check charge etc)