Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Car Net subscription mandatory for Mobile App usage?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:27 am 

I just got off the phone with a Car Net rep. As, vetaldj said, the 6 month trial includes "remote" things like remote door locking. The 3 year "EV" service includes starting & stopping charging, and setting up climate control schedules. I also asked if you could purchase *just* the EV features after the 3 year trial ends at a reduced cost, and they said "not right now, but we are working on that option & it should be available by the time the 3 year trial ends".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:55 pm 

i just called customer service about carnet because of a problem with charging - not just was i told that i needed to subscribe to the regular carnet in order to use the "complimentary" ev carnet features, but then they seemed to have shut down my mobile access as a result of my call, and now i cannot login to the website or the mobile app to even see if my car is charging...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:27 pm 

jballon wrote:
i just called customer service about carnet because of a problem with charging - not just was i told that i needed to subscribe to the regular carnet in order to use the "complimentary" ev carnet features, but then they seemed to have shut down my mobile access as a result of my call, and now i cannot login to the website or the mobile app to even see if my car is charging...

keep entering your PIN and sometimes you get it.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 pm 

I called to cancel after I noticed the $200+ charge on my credit card bill now that my 6-month full service car net trial has expired. I was not impressed with the sales pitch. She heard my young child the background and tried to guilt me into keeping the service due to the safety features that would protect my daughter in an accident. It didn't work on me. However, since I called I cannot open my car net app to access the basic EV features that should still be active, I receive the following message, "Account is locked for a few hours. Please try again later." I doubt that this is a coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 pm 

I know this thread is getting a bit stale now, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the 3-year complementary access transfers to the new owner when the car is sold? I just purchased a 2015 e-golf and, once I get it back from the recall repair, I hope to press the Car Net button and activate my access to the app.

Anyone see any terms and conditions on this? Fine print anywhere? I have nothing...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:39 am 

Spektre wrote:
I know this thread is getting a bit stale now, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the 3-year complementary access transfers to the new owner when the car is sold? I just purchased a 2015 e-golf and, once I get it back from the recall repair, I hope to press the Car Net button and activate my access to the app.

Anyone see any terms and conditions on this? Fine print anywhere? I have nothing...

Asked and answered.

I called Car-Net using the 'i' button on the overhead console. There is no transfer of benefits from the original owner, but they do give you 3 months free trial. As someone stated earlier in the thread, they push the safety thing pretty hard. I went in knowing this, so I wasn't too put off by their approach.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:52 am 

Spektre wrote:
Spektre wrote:

Asked and answered.

I called Car-Net using the 'i' button on the overhead console. There is no transfer of benefits from the original owner, but they do give you 3 months free trial. As someone stated earlier in the thread, they push the safety thing pretty hard. I went in knowing this, so I wasn't too put off by their approach.

You should still have the 'forever' benefits of checking your car on the app.

2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm 

forbin404 wrote:
You should still have the 'forever' benefits of checking your car on the app.

I'll update when my free trial ends in 3 months.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:57 pm 

After multiple calls to car-net and what appeared to be a glimmer of hope (I had functional EV features), I received a call from a car-net supervisor telling me that I need the paid subscription to get the complimentary EV features. I have the brochure right in front of me. Total BS. I think I'll file a BBB complaint.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:54 pm 

REM wrote:
After multiple calls to car-net and what appeared to be a glimmer of hope (I had functional EV features), I received a call from a car-net supervisor telling me that I need the paid subscription to get the complimentary EV features. I have the brochure right in front of me. Total BS. I think I'll file a BBB complaint.
Are you the original owner/lessee? If so, call VW customer service. It is their responsibility to deliver the features they specified for their vehicle. They must enforce their promises with Verizon Telematics, the operator of the CarNet service.

If you are not the original owner/lessee VW may not have the same responsibility to you. However, if you live in California or another area that has Time of Use metering, I would push VW to provide the EV telematics service at no charge because it is the only way to set the charging schedule in a 2015 US e-Golf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next