2017 e-Golf soldiers on "largely unchanged" according to VW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spektre said:
Kosta said:
garage door opener in the egolf ? just wondering , my 2017 does not list it as equipment , and one would think it is destined for interior charging at home ....

Whole thread on replacing the stock mirror with a genuine VW OEM mirror that has Homelink built-in over on the 'tex (VWVortex, for the unitiated.)

I think it would work for our cars, but haven't seen a confirmed replacement - the linked thread is in the Golf VII R forum.

I can tell you that the Homelink on my 2 Touareg TDI's was the most royal PIA to program and finally get it to work, with running up front to the VW badge on the grille, within inches, and pressing and holding the regular remote button for it to learn the code. The instructions were woefully inadequate as written up by VW, I had to call Homelink to get the proper procedure. Wasn't worth the hassle, I'll clip the remote on the visor, thank you. When the car goes, I keep the remote. YMMV, the dealership was useless on this.

Back