No more 2017 e-Golfs being made!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickM

I just looked into ordering a new 2017 e-Golf (SEL Premium white/beige/DAP) and the dealer forwarded me a 1-liner email from VW of America that read:

Unfortunately there are none available. In addition, we are done building the MY17 eGolf so we will not be able to fulfill this request.

So having only just released the 2017 model in the US this last October, they're all done now building them and (presumably) switching over to the 2018 model? Of note, all 2018 VWs are supposed to have a 6 year warranty. That was an annoyance when I was placing my 2017 e-Golf order - most of the other VWs at the dealership were already 2018s with warranties bumped up from 3 years to 6 years. Of course, they were happy to have me spend another $1500 for an extended warranty on my 2017 e-Golf to bring it up to 6 years :-/

As someoe pointed out in another thread, the new 6 year/72k mile warranty on 2018 US models specifically excludes the eGolf for some mysterious reason.

On yet another thread, I had predicted that VWoA would skip the 2017 model year for the eGolf and introduce the one with the 35.8 kWH (or whatever the new size is) battery as an early 2018 model, but I turned out to have predicted wrong. I do think it's stupid to introduce a "2017" model when everybody else is just starting their 2018 model year.

I went to order a 2017 SEL with the Drivers Assistance package and my dealer told me that 2017 models are no longer being produced and the 2018 models would be start to be available in May 2018. He said there was speculation the 2018 SEL would include the Drivers Assistance package as standard equipment for the 2018 Model. I'm just coming off lease of my 2015 e-Golf and was able to extend my lease 6 months so hopefully the 2018s will be ready by the time my lease is over because I definitely want that package. I"m on the waitlist for a Tesla Model 3 but doesnt look like it will be available in time for me, but I've been very happy with my e-Golf.

Back