Volkswagen Quality Survey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eGolf2015

I received an email today from VW with a link to a quality survey about my new car. This was different from the dealer experience survey - except for a few vehicle delivery questions at the end the survey was asking for feedback and details about issues with the car in general and specific systems/features.

I took my time filling it out and went into great detail with the issues that have been frustrating me - Car-Net (reliability, features (or lack of), customer service), circles on rear window, etc.

Has anyone else been asked to complete this survey?

Yes. Thus far, I've only gotten a link to the "Know Your VW" page in response. No specific answers to the comments/issues I've noted down. For example:

1. Drive mode profile. When the car is started, it always defaults to 'Normal' even if the car is stopped in 'Eco' mode. This is a big concern as, most importantly, the range is reduced unless changed and it's another setting to configure before driving.
2. Charging port is always locked by default and there's no options to change the setting. This is an inconvenience as with the Nissan Leaf for example, with the keyless feature, one has the option to *not* have to use the remote key prior to unplugging the car.
3. CarNet App

These seem minor, but it adds up. It's interesting that VW is running into some of the same issues from EVs that were years ahead of them. I guess this is a consequence of not having an EV specific approach. Hopefully, these can be addressed with a software upgrade.

Charging port always locking is totally unnecessary - my only irritant. I always drive in normal.

VW service applied an update to resolve another issue I've reported (Recuperation Error) that resulted in a fix for the charging port being locked by default.

You might want to contact your VW service rep. Unfortunately, there's no formal service campaigns yet to refer to.

eGary said:
VW service applied an update to resolve another issue I've reported (Recuperation Error) that resulted in a fix for the charging port being locked by default.

Very interesting. I am curious how the charging port lock works now? is there still a way to lock it when desired? This is one of my bigger complaints, but I've never been sure how they would fix this since there's no dedicated charger lock/unlock button anywhere!

From what I can tell, it works similar to the Auto mode on my Nissan Leaf--locked when it's being charged and gets unlocked when the EVSE stops.

Any other updates on what the update does? I had my E-Golf in for service and they said the only update available affected the heat/AC. I'd really like the functionality you mentioned.

Patrick

Unfortunately, whatever update they've applied resulted in breaking other components that they now have to order and replace since they cannot *undo* the firmware update. Specifically, my e-Golf now thinks it's a gas vehicle:)

I'm making light of the situation as my e-Golf is still in and out of service--will have to bring it again next week so they can "determine" or practice on my vehicle as they don't seem to have any idea what's going on. It's really been very frustrating especially since I had such a great experience with my Nissan Leaf.

Back