2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bjwong731 said:
SF bayarea purchase at $10,500 off today. I believe better can be had but stock seems to be getting low and didn't want to risk it.
Now I'm having remorse on getting the extended maintenance. This is my first ev so still learning. Is the premium for piece of mind warranted or is third party service just the same?

Thanks
Was this an SE and with what window sticker options? Name of dealership and salesman?

Sparklebeard said:
bjwong731 said:
SF bayarea purchase at $10,500 off today. I believe better can be had but stock seems to be getting low and didn't want to risk it.
Now I'm having remorse on getting the extended maintenance. This is my first ev so still learning. Is the premium for piece of mind warranted or is third party service just the same?

Thanks

Congrats! SE or SEL? Which colour?

Thanks Sparklebeard!

This was se da in urano gray.

egolfEr said:
did you pay $2200?

Paid $1800 for 7/70,000. They pitched it as price for 5/50,000 with a lower finance rate. I feel like the discount essentially paid down the rate, which I did not care for.

[/quote]Was this an SE and with what window sticker options? Name of dealership and salesman?[/quote]

This was serramonte vw. Just se with da.

Supposedly they sold 6 or 7 over the weekend, with 3 left as of yesterday. Dealer was not certain but they didnt think they were getting any more inventory.

Yeah..I posted the deal on Slickdeals..and got like 70k views....so I am guessing 20-40 cars have sold this weekend.

egolfEr said:
Yeah..I posted the deal on Slickdeals..and got like 70k views....so I am guessing 20-40 cars have sold this weekend.

OP! Hey thanks again for posting. This was a nice consolation for missing out on clarity deal.

Glad you got one, congrats! The clarity is a nice car as well...but I think being 100% EV frees one from the maintenance that still remains with phevs.

egolfEr said:
Glad you got one, congrats! The clarity is a nice car as well...but I think being 100% EV frees one from the maintenance that still remains with phevs.

You'd be correct on that, and it applies to most BMW i3's REx too, with a 2.8 gallon fuel tank and a motorcycle motor running a generator, that needs expensive service, too.

bjwong731 said:

Thanks
There are different kinds of policies. The ones where you pre-pay for the scheduled maintenance are rarely worthwhile. Since it sounds like you purchased, the Excess Wear and Tear policy doesn't apply. That's for leases. If it is an extended warranty, that is a judgement call. In most cases, these policies are refundable, at least prorated. If you just bought the car, you should get substantially all of your money back.

miimura said:
bjwong731 said:

Thanks
There are different kinds of policies. The ones where you pre-pay for the scheduled maintenance are rarely worthwhile. Since it sounds like you purchased, the Excess Wear and Tear policy doesn't apply. That's for leases. If it is an extended warranty, that is a judgement call. In most cases, these policies are refundable, at least prorated. If you just bought the car, you should get substantially all of your money back.

OT for the thread, but just noticed your signature Mii - how do you like your Powerwall? Have you posted anywhere about your experience with it?

Just signed today,

Portland, OR

$23,500 for an SE, price only good with Dealer Financing which I will pay off in full shortly.

Been shopping for an e-Golf for several months but wasn't sure I would buy unless I could get a significant discount since at this point range is just so far behind similarly priced EV's (though I think I'll be fine with short commute).

Looks like dealers are finally motivated to move them this weekend, I've been getting price quotes for months on the SEL Premium and they've hovered around 34k. Now they're dipping to just under $30k if you finance with VW so with incentives it works out to a serious deal (I'm in CA so mine total $9500 off).

Should I even try to negotiate them down more (I mean I know the answer is yes I should try, but ..) when they're taking $10k off MSRP?

I've been dealing with the internet divisions of a number of dealerships and plan to pull the trigger this weekend.

Always try, but if they’re firm at that price I think it’s a good price. Sounds like it’s about $1000 less than I paid at Hayward end of March which seems about right, timing wise.

With all the rebates you’re effectively getting a $40k car for about $22k on the road. So long as the range is sufficient for your needs, then I feel like at that price you’re getting an overall much more enjoyable car than a bunch of the longer range options..

MegMC said:
Been shopping for an e-Golf for several months but wasn't sure I would buy unless I could get a significant discount since at this point range is just so far behind similarly priced EV's (though I think I'll be fine with short commute).

Looks like dealers are finally motivated to move them this weekend, I've been getting price quotes for months on the SEL Premium and they've hovered around 34k. Now they're dipping to just under $30k if you finance with VW so with incentives it works out to a serious deal (I'm in CA so mine total $9500 off).

Should I even try to negotiate them down more (I mean I know the answer is yes I should try, but ..) when they're taking $10k off MSRP?

I've been dealing with the internet divisions of a number of dealerships and plan to pull the trigger this weekend.

You should be able to get an additional $700- $1,000 more off MSRP- especially if your in a competitive market of let's say- LA Area- and it helps that besides being the end of the month time frame- it's their end of 2nd Qtr!

MegMC said:

Update: Bought myself an Indium Gray SEL Premium today in Los Angeles - was able to get down to $10,500 off MSRP with 5.9 APR VW financing which I will soon refinance with my credit union at 3.25. Out the door was just over $33k. Loving it so far!

It seems some dealers are now offering $11K off MSRP on an SE in the bay area. This is with the "partner discount" ie you need to work for one of the companies on the list. I guess Nissan calls it VPP and VW calls it partner program. Too bad I can't use this as I just bought at $10,600 off MSRP about a week ago.

Paid $23150 ($10,325 under MSRP) this weekend at Capitol VW in San Jose, CA. Note this, however: they were not offering this discount if you were paying cash, financing with your own bank, or putting down a big down payment. They require you to keep the loan with VW financing for 3 months. After that you can re-finance or pay it off.

Did $10,500 off in Sacramento this weekend. Financing required. Sounds like the dealers have access to $2,500 incentive on the car and $5,000 on the financing from manufacturer.

Back