2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spektre said:
bjwong731 said:
Would I experience any issue canceling my prepaid maintenance? Docs say I can cancel within 60 days but am concerned about unknown gotchas as they lowered the finance to sweeten the deal.

I was charged separately but the plan is noted on the contract.

Thanks.

As far as the rest of the deal? Quite unlikely. If you read carefully, you'll notice there's never anything in your contract about your finance rate being contigent upon you buying some other product or service that's unrelated, but you often hear the Finance and Insurance guy say something like "If you bought this extended warranty, I could give you a better rate." Servic e contracts and extended warranties are big money makers for dealerships.

I have cancelled multiple service contracts that I took out solely because the F&I guy was being a sleazeball and offered me a lower rate contingent on the purchase of said contract. Never had a problem.

Well you can add sleazeball to my fnance guy at Serramonte as well. Finally had chance to drop in to cancel today. He was not there but spoke to finance manager who said plan was added to contract and treated like down payment. So cannot cancel until loan is paid off. Thanks for lying to my face, cannot down payment my a$$.

Manager told me I could either cancel now with funds going to the bank/loan or come back after paying off loan with vw letter. Then they could issue refund.

Right or wrong this is the last straw. After a few minor things and lack of attention to car before and after the drive off I have no other recourse than a negative survey.
My dealer was so adamant about giving them perfect scores, seems to affect them somehow. I'm glad I saved it.

I've since called to pay off loan. Once I get the acknowledgement letter I will go back for the final time. They will get no more of my money.

I believe they are still offering 10k off. Get it and run away as fast as you can after purchase.

You should not be asking the dealer for the refund, you should be asking the company that services the plan. You can cancel with the company and they will send you the money back. Of course the dealer is being sleazy about it. That is SOP. The most you should have to ask the dealer for is the flyer for the plan that was on your contract. Call the telephone number on the flyer and deal with them. You may only have 30 days for a full refund, but a prorated refund should also be possible.

Has anyone seen $10-11k off in Folsom or Sacramento? I'd love to pick up a '19 if I can see the same deal as the Bay Area dealerships.

I think any dealer should be able to get you these prices. I got mine from Northampton VW in MA which is not normally a "lowest price" dealer. Got a 2019 SE with driver package. Hard to say the price as I traded in a 2015 SEL, but I figured it was $24000 out the door (assumes they gave me $10,000 for trade in).

Just email the dealers and ask. No reason to go in I have found.

bravo0123 said:
I think any dealer should be able to get you these prices. I got mine from Northampton VW in MA which is not normally a "lowest price" dealer. Got a 2019 SE with driver package. Hard to say the price as I traded in a 2015 SEL, but I figured it was $24000 out the door (assumes they gave me $10,000 for trade in).

Just email the dealers and ask. No reason to go in I have found.

It doesn't quite work like that, every VW dealership has different incentive packages, some that get passed on to end buyers, some don't. You find the deals at VW dealerships where you find the deals. Some just can't or won't match prices. I've dicked around with enough VW dealerships in the past 25 years that I don't even bother to ask for price matching and hearing the Sleazeball stories. I go and buy where the dealership has the best price and they happen to have in stock exactly what I want. It's always been worth the trip, to me.

Hi All,
Hopefully, this information will be useful to those considering buying a 2019 e-Golf...

I bought a 2019 e-Golf SE with DAP (Drivers Assistance Package, which consists of Automatic Cruise Control, front and rear accident avoidance and adjacent lane change warning). I paid $26,500.00 (not including tax and license fees!) in the Sacramento area. Quite honestly it was relatively easy to get that price, which is $7K off the MSRP. I may have been able to get a lower price, but I didn't want to push my luck and they only had one SE with DAP on the lot. Another dealer in the Sacramento area had online pricing of $5K off the MSRP. I notified my local salesman of this and asked him if he would "sweeten" the deal and take $7K off the MSRP and he did.

Oh, yeah; the dealer insisted I had to use VW Financing to get this "special low price". So, I did that and after the 1st payment I refinanced through a credit union at a lower interest rate. As long as you refinance within the year you bought the car you can get "new car" finance rates.

Some may scoff at this but I purchased the VW 7 year, 100K mile, zero deductible bumper to bumper extended warranty for $1600 (after extensive negotiation to reduce the price). Yes, the high voltage battery is already warrantied for 100K miles, but there is a lot of other stuff that isn't. Such as the electric motor and the gear reduction/ differential which is made in China; the charging circuitry, the motor controller and the cooling systems for all these major components.

Note; the Out The Door price (which includes tax and license fees) will vary depending on the state and county you live in (some counties have much higher sales tax than other counties especially in CA). The dealer should charge you the sales tax for the county you live in not the county the dealer is located in! You have to pay sales tax on the full price paid, in my case $26,500.00.

Be sure and check if your county has any additional rebates. For example El Dorado County, CA has a $1K rebate. Also, PG&E in Northern CA has an $800.00 rebate. The $2500.00 CA state rebate is currently taking 2-1/2 months to receive. The BS is that they have so many people requesting rebates that they are 2-1/2 months behind!!

If you can qualify for the $7500.00 Fed rebate, then buy a 2019 e-Golf, as others on this thread have said it can actually be cheaper than the used ones. Besides, the new ones have more safety features, nicer wheels, etc, etc. I started out looking at used ones, but for some reason the dealers just won't drop the price much. I guess they have more room to drop the price, when it starts out at $33K+.

I did some research on the VW iDE (the replacement for the current e-Golf) and decided not to wait for it for the following reasons;
1) The base model still has under 200 miles of range and will cost $40K - $50K. My "Guess-O-Meter" has shown 140 miles of range several times after a full charge after combined freeway, and city driving.
2) The battery is still passively cooled.
3) VW has indicated they will sell it in Germany 1st, then China and then the US, so what year might we see it here??
4) The current administration could end the $7500 tax credit at anytime. I just hope it lasts for the 2019 tax year!
5) The $2500 CA rebate is funded by some mumbo-jumbo carbon credits scheme, which could end at anytime.
6) The sooner you acquire a Full EV, the sooner you can start saving $$. This is especially true if you have sufficient solar electricity generation on your house to charge your EV, or you take advantage of PG&E's Off Peak electricity rates; last time I checked they were $0.10kWh.
Thanks for reading and Good Luck!

Heading back to the dealer today. Going to see about getting the service contract, GAP and Lojack taken off the price. That should be right in range of the "Slickdeals" price.

Fingers crossed I don't have to walk away!

Hey ya'll:

I just whittled some local dealers in the DC area down to $32,184 for a 2019 eGolf SEL Premium. This is the all-in, out the door price. What do ya'll think. Good deal?

The lowest SEL I've seen advertised in my area was about $28.5k before TT&L. This was back in June at the end of Q2. Those deals are all gone now. I'm assuming certain manufacturer incentives dried up. $32k seems pretty good for early in the quarter and after fees.

I paid $31k out the door last year for a new 2018 SEL premium, so I think your price is pretty good for a 2019. With the $7500 tax credit and $2500 cash rebate from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, my end price was $21k.

In Oct of 2015, my 2015 SEL MSRP'd at 37,300. I negotiated down to 25,200, plus tax, license and registration. Just a FYI, take off another 7500 for fed tax credit, and 2500 CA rebate from the state.... $15,200. Part of the reduction was a special $2000 VW owner loyalty program in place at the time, I believe, at this dealership.

Not sure it makes sense to even consider not financing. With my 2019 I think the dealer got $6500 off, and I can pay off the loan immediately with no penalty. I think I will wait till I get the $7500 from my tax return, but pay the rest at the first payment date.

Wanted to add my experience in purchasing '19 SE w/DAP in the Washington DC area. Ourisman Volvo/VW in Bethesda: 22,300 OTD + MD tax/title/tag. Was required to take VW financing to get this price but will pay-off with 1st payment. Lease deals were being written at similar pricing. Be vigilant with the finance people who stuck an extended warranty into the deal. Had to go back to dealer post delivery to get it removed. Ourisman has 130 or so e-Golfs in stock. My car had been in their inventory since January. Ourisman has at least 3 other VW stores in MD, but I do not know if this deal is available at the other outlets. Even with the hassle over the unwanted extended warranty, still intend to give them high marks in the satisfaction survey. Good luck!

For those in Southern California:

Got $10,100 off MSRP from Pacific VW in Torrance for new 2019 SE w/DAP in white.

$33,575 MSRP

$23,475 negotiated price

+TTL it was $26,078 OTD

After tax/utility incentives $15k out of pocket. A deal!

James Le was salesman. Easy to work with over email.

Ran credit day before pick up so everything was ready for pick up.

Spent a total of About 90 mins at dealership for test drive, doc signing.

Love the car!!! This forum has been super helpful. Thanks!

SunnySoCal said:
For those in Southern California:

Got $10,100 off MSRP from Pacific VW in Torrance for new 2019 SE w/DAP in white.

$33,575 MSRP

$23,475 negotiated price

+TTL it was $26,078 OTD

After tax/utility incentives $15k out of pocket. A deal!

James Le was salesman. Easy to work with over email.

Ran credit day before pick up so everything was ready for pick up.

Spent a total of About 90 mins at dealership for test drive, doc signing.

Love the car!!! This forum has been super helpful. Thanks!

So you lease, or purchase.

I purchased a new 2019 e-Golf SEL Premium on 7/30/19 from Heritage VW in Baltimore. Financed with VW Credit at 5.9% to get this price. I used a two-step bid process to discover this price. Discount of $11,250 from MSRP.

MSRP including destination: $40,190

Selling price: $28,940

Processing charge: $299
Tire recycling fee: $4
Electronic registration fee: $20
Tax: $1,754
Title/registration: $255

Out the door price: $31,272

furiouschads said:
I purchased a new 2019 e-Golf SEL Premium on 7/30/19 from Heritage VW in Baltimore. Financed with VW Credit at 5.9% to get this price. I used a two-step bid process to discover this price. Discount of $11,250 from MSRP.

MSRP including destination: $40,190

Selling price: $28,940

Processing charge: $299
Tire recycling fee: $4
Electronic registration fee: $20
Tax: $1,754
Title/registration: $255

Out the door price: $31,272

Best selling price I've seen in a long, long time, on a SEL. Nice work on your negotiations!

It's a complex car, read the Owners Manual cover to cover a few times, and sit down with the owners manual inside your car to go through and learn how all the features work. it will save you a lot of grief and questions.

It's even better to have the dealership demonstrate all the features before you sign the paperwork and drive off of the lot. Part of their sales training, working with a VW e-Golf expert at a dealership.

Back