e-Golf lease terms in Los Angeles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAeGolf

Got my e-Golf this weekend, $1,000 total out-the-door + 35 payments of $383/month (including tax, which in LA is 9%).
So $1,000 + 35 x $383 = $14,405 total cost over 3 years. (10,000 miles/year)

Edmunds.com has a great certificate online (put in ZIP 90024) $1,483 off MSRP. Between Edmunds and TrueCar I must have contacted a dozen different dealerships online. It seems the further you go from the center of LA the better deal you get. The best offers came from Neftin VW (Thousand Oaks), Community VW (Santa Maria), Perry VW (San Luis Obispo), and City Chevrolet-Volkswagen (San Diego).

I also found that MSRP (or savings off of that) have very little to do with the final payment. When I mentioned the Edmunds $1,483 certificate to one dealer, he said sure, we'll match that, then said the payment will be $452 per month.

I'd recommend just focusing on the total 3 year cost, for me I told everyone that I want $1,000 out-the-door, then just compared the monthly payments.

Cars.com shows 56 e-Golfs within 150 miles of LA -- with only 9 days left in the year, there should be some negotiating room.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Back