2017 SE $24.5K + taxes and fees, 0% APR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradster

Hi all, pretty good deal, eh? I think I will pull the trigger on this tonight. I have owned 2 focus electrics so I'm looking forward to the Egolf. Just wish it had standard HID headlights.

Thanks! I'm local and I'm currently working with Winn VW who is coming in close, but above $25K. Would you mind sharing more details of the deal you are getting? Is the 24.5 taking into account any bonuses (i.e. recent grad, corporate partner)? What options does your SE have?

Base, only $100 option for the cargo net. No bonuses. Winn was close but didn't seem like they'd budge and weren't too interested in closing the sale.

Picked 2017 eGolf SE with DC , silver white from Oakland VW today. For 8,200 off MSRP, around 24.2 + tax, had to go with their financing, 1.9% for 72 months. no graduate/partner bonuses. Serramonte was the closest with 8K off MSRP, but they didn't have any with DC. I am pretty sure they had room to go down.

Love the car so far, charged by the dealer to 3/4 capacity, estimate was 102 miles, drove through Mountain View to Redwood Shores, and have 56 miles charge left.

Where the hell do I find the build date plate on this car though?

I should have waited a day. Seems like the February incentives are better than January's.

Wow, that's a pretty great deal, maybe I should have waited 1 more month to buy.
I just bought an e-Golf SEL last month and as able to talk them into $7350 off MSRP and 1% financing, plus the $10k in Fed/State rebates.
My sticker price was $37880 - $7350 =30530 (before accessories, tax, licensing....), minus rebates eventually.

Given the interest rate differences, all of these deals are actually within several hundred dollars of each other after adding up the interest. We all got about the same discount.

speedygonzales said:
Picked 2017 eGolf SE with DC , silver white from Oakland VW today. For 8,200 off MSRP, around 24.2 + tax, had to go with their financing, 1.9% for 72 months. no graduate/partner bonuses. Serramonte was the closest with 8K off MSRP, but they didn't have any with DC. I am pretty sure they had room to go down.

Congratulations... that's a DEAL

Did you lease or buy ?

NurStrom said:
speedygonzales said:

Congratulations... that's a DEAL

Did you lease or buy ?

I bought it, tinted and installed JuiceBox Pro 40, who's office is conveniently a mile away. Love it so far.

BTW, tried to apply for CA HOV sticker and I need permanent registration and license plate in order to do that. How come I see lots of bolts on the streets without license plates with stickers? They are just lazy enough to put the plates on or there is a loophole?

Sounds like you made a great deal. Enjoy it! Good color, German cars look good in silver.

No loophole, but some of the larger dealerships that have their own DMV services apparently can apply for the HOV stickers upon sale of the new car in advance of plates and registration based on the VIN. Or, something like that.

In Santa Cruz the HOV stickers almost make no sense unless one heads over the hill a lot (we don't) and even then range becomes an issue real quick with a '15. Now that I am hearing they will probably no longer be good after next year I am contemplating peeling them off at some point. If I lived over the hill they would be like gold.

speedygonzales said:
BTW, tried to apply for CA HOV sticker and I need permanent registration and license plate in order to do that. How come I see lots of bolts on the streets without license plates with stickers? They are just lazy enough to put the plates on or there is a loophole?
Dealers can pre-order the stickers as soon as they get the VIN. That is the loophole. My VW dealer did that and mailed me the stickers just before my plates came, but that was only because the car I leased was not on the lot that long. Otherwise the stickers could have been handed over with the car.

Hello everyone,

Just drove home with a 2017 e-golf SE (bare bones, no DC) for $25,956 OTD (California Bay area). Dublin VW put an ad in the paper on saturday advertising 8K off MSRP so i called them up on it and also asked for 0% financing for 60 months. Came here to see what other were getting and It was nice to validate that incentives are indeed that good this month! I emailed 5 other dealers and only one was willing to come close, and they were still $750 higher.

I had a Leaf from 2012-2015, I'm currently driving a 2015 e-golf SEL with lease expiring in May and have been looking at all other options for next lease for a while already (Bolt, Volt, Leaf, Clarity, Soul EV, etc). I came to the realization that i just love how the e-golf drives, handles and the general feel and build quality of it.

After 2 leases in past 6 years i decided to buy for the first time, in part due to the fact that i no longer qualify for the $2500 CA state rebate anymore due to new income limits. With 7.5K federal credit and $500 from PG&E it will come in at a net cost of just under $18K. I don't think i can do much better in terms of quality/price ratio so I'm very happy :) I'll be driving this one into the ground...

This is a 99% commuter car with a short commute and occasional weekend outing within the e-golf range so i really wanted to keep cost as low as possible and didn't want the DC, which most dealers have by default. Beggars can't be choosers and i didn't really get to choose a color - all they had was black, which was fine with me.

i wasn't looking to buy a car this weekend at all but hey, you've got to recognize a good deal when you see one. Thanks for everyone for sharing here and helping me confirm :)

Congrats! That has got to be the best deal yet. I had 2 previous Focus Electrics and the EGolf drives much better and you gotta love the longer range.

I'd say that currently, that's the absolute best deal I have heard of since probably late 2015 for the 2015 SEL models.

Thanks all for your input. It helped me a great deal with getting my e-golf this past week.
8000 off MSRP is huge! Congrats.
I was able to negotiate 8200 at 1.9, but opted for 7150 at 0%.
I did also get a corporate partner discount so got 7650 off MSRP total.
I picked up an SE Limited (has leatherette/parking sensors). Not many dealers have SE limiteds around so I felt that I didn’t phave as much leverage as someone who is purchasing a base SE.

f1geek said:
I though the 2017 e-Golf LE was not available in the U.S. Where did you get your 2017 LE?

Sunnyvale VW.
They had 2 in Pure White. I bought it last Friday and picked it up this morning. They still have 1 on their website.

http://www.sunnyvalevw.com/new/Volkswagen/2017-Volkswagen-e-Golf-for-sale-sunnyvale-ca-002ae74d0a0e0ae844812eb1d6ba8f88.htm

My sales guy David said "These were a mistake". Checking other local dealers, I haven't seen any other LEs available.

Back