Picking up my eGolf Tomorrow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Hey everyone,

I'm officially picking up my eGolf tomorrow! (And just under the wire before the Ontario incentive ends on September 10th - which is marvelous because without it, I can't afford the car).

I'm super excited, I was starting to doubt it was ever going to happen. But it has finally arrived at the dealership and I can't believe it. It's a 2018 Model in Atlantic Blue, with the Technology Package.

The last thing I'm debating is whether to get the extended warranty or not. I would be covered for 8 years instead of the 4 years of the base warranty. I'm wondering if it's worth it - I could get it for approx. $2200 Canadian. Do you guys think it's worth it? And do you think any of the additional protection (protection against stone chips, paint sealant and appearance protection, etc.) is worth getting?

I read on another post that an extended warranty is wasted on electric cars - is that the case you guys found to be true? It's impossible to say what could go wrong in year 7 or 8 because no eGolf is old enough to tell the tale - but how have things been going so far?

Also - any last tips for this newbie before the big day?

Do the 2018's use the same seat material as the 2016's?

If so, immediately spray the seats with fabric protector such as ScotchGuard.

My 2016 seats stain ridiculously easily. Even a drop of water leaves a permanent mark.

I personally wouldn't get an extended warranty or any add-on protections, but it's true that the oldest eGolfs are just now turning 4 years old so if it makes you feel better then do it.

cctop said:
Do the 2018's use the same seat material as the 2016's?

They're different on the 2017/2018s, thank goodness. The cloth seats on those are all black and of a different mesh material.

Agreed on the 2015/2016 LE/SE seats though. A few weeks ago I hit it several times with a bissel cleaner, only to have the spots re-appear a few days later after leaving a cold gatorade on the passenger's seat for around 20 minutes.

Back