Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Take over my lease - $544 per month - London, Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm 

I’m relocating due to work and need to get rid of my beloved 2018 VW eGolf!

I had put a $14k down payment on this a year ago, and now my loss is your gain... here’s the details:

- 2018 vw eGolf, fully loaded, white with black leatherette interior
- digital cockpit, driver control features, lane assist, adaptive cruise, etc
- 23k mileage, total of 75k allowed on full lease term
- 23 months left on 36 month lease term
- take over my lease for approx $1100 admin fee + $544 per month all in
- both winter tires and all seasons included
- no accidents, great condition

You effectively get the old e-rebate that’s now expired. That’s a deal!

I’m in the London, Ontario area. Only serious takers wanted. PM me if interested.

Post subject: Re: Take over my lease - $544 per month - London, Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:43 pm 

Bit of a sidetrack, but how expensive are eGolfs in the Great White North? My math is showing the OP's out of pocket cost (if he/she decided to keep it full term) on this particular lease of over CDN $46k, and this is for a lease, so you don't even keep the car when it's paid off? And this is supposed to include a government incentive?

I just went to VW's US website and an eGolf SEL + DAP is US $39,315. Even with CA sales tax you're looking at roughly US $43-45k out the door. Assuming the US $45k total out the door price and a US $14k down payment, your monthly payments for 60 months are $516.67 + interest. But there's the US $7500 Federal tax credit and (for eligible buyers) the state $2500 rebate. And you get to keep the car.

Post subject: Re: Take over my lease - $544 per month - London, Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:28 pm 

RonDawg wrote:
Bit of a sidetrack, but how expensive are eGolfs in the Great White North? My math is showing the OP's out of pocket cost (if he/she decided to keep it full term) on this particular lease of over CDN $46k, and this is for a lease, so you don't even keep the car when it's paid off? And this is supposed to include a government incentive?

I just went to VW's US website and an eGolf SEL + DAP is US $39,315. Even with CA sales tax you're looking at roughly US $43-45k out the door. Assuming the US $45k total out the door price and a US $14k down payment, your monthly payments for 60 months are $516.67 + interest. But there's the US $7500 Federal tax credit and (for eligible buyers) the state $2500 rebate. And you get to keep the car.

It is a sidetrack, but that’s ok. Canadians eGolfs are much less expensive when adjusted for currency. Purchase price including taxes would have been $50 CDN less $14k government rebate = $36k out of pocket or $27k USD.

The lease buy back is $15.3k, financing rate is 1.99%, and the cost of leasing over 36 months is just $2k. I leased instead of purchasing just to keep the payments lower at the time.

In general, VWs and Audi’s are a great deal north of the border when you look at cost and specs. My other car is an Audi A3 eTron which would have been $5 to $10k more expensive in the US.