2019 e-Golf USA sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

March 2019 sales results were recently released, so here is a recap of the 2019 YTD sales figures.

Jan: 164
Feb: 118
Mar: 581

That is a big jump for March. Obviously, the fact that VW is finally putting some good discounts on the hood is leading to increased deliveries. For reference, 2018's highest volume month was 230 vehicles. The all time high monthly sales happened in Dec 2015 when they moved 609 e-Golf vehicles.

Annual sales:
2019 YTD: 863
2018: 1,354
2017: 3,534
2016: 3,937
2015: 4,232
2014: 357 (Oct-Dec)

All figures are taken from InsideEVs.

Nice. Range per dollar may not be the best even with the heavy discounting, but the e-Golf is so good at all the other things that make a car good that it’s not surprising they still moved a bunch of them.

Well like you Sparklebeard and Deschodt, I'm one of the 581 who snapped up a 2019 E-Golf (SE in my case). I sold my 2016 privately. Deals were just too good to pass up. I didn't get mine from Sunnyvale, but even they sold out all of their SE trims.

Biggest differences (and improvements) compared to my 2016 are:

- MORE RANGE!
- Driver's Assistance Package
- Larger touchscreen
- Slightly more power/torque (the acceleration burst seems to last longer to higher speeds)
- Darker (harder to stain) cloth
- Slightly better halogen headlights (still suck though)
- LED tail lights
- 20% less power steering boost at speed (previously overboosted)
- Front C-shaped LED DRL's include strakes like a GTI

Minor demerits compared to my 2016 are:

- No blue/black accent on the hood/trunk VW emblem (now black only)
- No plastic engine cover with VW emblem (I thought it helped decorate the bay)
- Weaker (10A only) and less sturdy Level 1 charger from TE Connectivity (previously 12A Delphi made by ClipperCreek)

Volkswagen-e-Golf_2015_800x600_wallpaper_11.jpg

I'm a new owner just this week as well. Sale was on 30 March, so I guess i'd be in those March figures.

Nabbed the 2019 SE in White-Silver. Loving driving it so far I have to say. Good deal from Steven's Creek VW in San Jose/Santa Clara (Bay Area) and it will be a great car for my commute. 16 mile roundtrip per day (4 days in the office) plus a little bit around the weekends. The 120-130 mile range is perfect for me (as it's a second car). Very happy with it so far! Learning all about electric cars every day online has been fun!

Back