Lease Support & Purchase Support Incentives from VW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems the month of May had very little lease support incentives as my negotiations with at least three dealers came back with unseeingly high lease prices. But the purchase support tied to financing is very attractive for those looking to purchase. Essentially SE with driver package is priced at less than $23K plus TTL. Any ideas when will we see better lease support incentives? Is something expected for the July 4th timeframe? We have to keep in mind this is the last model year and the dealers at some point will run out of inventory so this will be a delicate balance of waiting for the right time to lease vs running out of cars to lease.

Any thoughts?

I think VW has their "Sign then Drive" lease program going on right now. I was quoted $249/mo for 36 mos with $3k down. About $11k residual.
I opted for the purchase deal instead. I got the car for $21,990 plus T&L&Fees, and after tax credits and state rebates, my final cost will be just under $10k. I just couldn't pass that deal up.
You're right, though. With the e-Golf being discontinued and the new ID models that are coming, at some point VW will want to rid themselves of old inventory. From my recent purchase experience, I'd say it seems that time is now.
Perhaps VW would rather sell than lease so they don't have a large inventory of old technology lease returns to dispose of in 3 years.

Your info aligns with mine. The quoted purchase price without much negotiations was $22,960 and the corresponding lease cap cost was $28,550. So it is obvious they are pushing sale over lease at this time.

I've owned my 2015 SEL going on 4 years in Oct. Selling it, though not necessary, would not yield me much money. They depreciate heavily from that MSRP on the sticker, that you pay sales tax and registration fees on.

Back