Portable cable charger - lease return

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b0nn19

I leased my 2016 egolf and the lease will be up in July 25 2019. When I signed my lease I remembered that I have to pay for this portable cable charger separately. When the inspector came for the car inspection he mentioned to include the portable cable charger but I mentioned it to him that I paid for this. Does anyone know if the portable cable charger should be included when leasing the car w/o have to pay separetely?
From my lease contract I did not see this item.

Thanks

Paul

You should have received one Delphi branded ev supply cord woth the vehicle at no extra cost. It’s part of the ‘toolkit’ that comes with the car. When you purchase the vehicle there’s no line item for the 110V EVSE.

If you got an extra cable then you would pay separately, but it doesn’t sound like that’s the case here

Maybe not the portable charger. I am confused maybe the one that I paid extra was DC Fast Charging Package for $1,675. .

b0nn19 said:
Maybe not the portable charger. I am confused maybe the one that I paid extra was DC Fast Charging Package for $1,675. .

Ah! That's built into the car. It's basically just the two extra large pins below the regular charger socket (plus all the associated circuitry within the vehicle).

I think you're right, you likely paid extra for the fast charging upgrade.

Hopefully the e-Golf treated you well :)

I wonder if the OP is talking about the L2 (240 volt) EVSE that usually is not included with the car (though a dealer might throw one in as part of a deal)? That is not required to be returned. But the L1 (120 volt) one is part of the car and should be returned with it.

Back