Another did I get a good deal thread $206 month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbin404

Ok folks,

I kept going back and forth on this site looking for lease deals.

I 'assumed' that since it is the EOY there would be a deal. Can you tell me if I did it wrong?

2016 Egolf (Not Premium)
Here's what I got after 2 hours of negotiation (and 3 weeks of visiting the dealer to look at the car)

$206 / month (Plus tax, total $222)
$0 cash out of pocket (Yes zero, I did not pay any acquisition, title , tax or fees this also included the $1500 conquest rebate)
No trade in.

60 day Nrg EV Charging coupon (Which I assume comes in all the 2016s?)
Resid (~$12800) and came with the First Aid Kit.

And I will get the $2500 CA rebate.

So how did I do?

How many miles per year?

I go in to buy one tomorrow, 2016 E-Golf SE, 36 mo. w/ 10k miles per year. I was given an estimate of $176/mo after tax, $0 upfront, but with license/registration likely $190 per/mo total.

I'm anticipating $6,840 being paid over the life of the lease. With the CA rebate of $2,500 it hopefully will be $4,340.

I have a couple months left on my 2013 Ford Focus Electric which was 12k miles per year @ $247 per mo. I paid $8,842 for the FFE and thought that was a good deal at the time. The best deal Ford could offer me for only 10k miles on the 2016 was $298, which would be $10,728.

10k per year.

They led me to believe that Tax Title, Acqusition and fees was about $1900.
For you that's an additional $50 per month.

Well I was told $159 before taxes and fees, so I guess with $50 it makes it $209? Well I'll see how it goes tomorrow and report back. How do you like it?

At $209 it would be $7,524 over the life of the loan. That's just barely beyond my $7,500 spending limit (I lose about 500 by turning in my FFE early because I already paid for January and February). If it's less than $7,500 then I'm still in. Otherwise I'll just wait until January or February to sign a new lease.

Lol no idea yet as I haven't taken it out other than driving it home.

I do like the 'water bottle cooler' in the glove box. That's neat

Based on my research (disclaimer: I am not a good negotiator), the best deal for egolf SE I can get in the SF bay area is $110 average cost per month for 36 months ($3960 out of pocket cost for 36 months). This is after all tax, fees, CA rebate and etc. 10k miles / year.

There are more dealers willing to do $120 x 36 months. They quote different combinations of downpayment and monthly payments, but the end result is pretty much the same when you are looking at the total cost.

If you are a non-VW owner, it is easier to get the lower quote, because the conquest rebate is $1500.

VW loyalty rebate was $2000 in Sep, $1500 in Oct/Nov and $1000 in Dec, so the deals reported on this site back then was much better ...

Here comes the rumor from the dealer (nobody believes them anyway):
* Future shipments of SE will be equipped with the faster DC charger which will increase the price.
* VW will decrease the rebate, seeing the sales of egolf going crazy.

BTW, people processing the CA rebate can see all the lease deals, so they are probably the best negotiator out there. I know this is probably illegal, but ...

I got quote $0 down $0 drive off or fees...$195 with tax 12k miles...works out to $4500 over 3 years. The problem is ther are no cars to be found.

Wow 195 and 12k...now that's incredible.

Is that an advertised price? Mine wouldn't even start negotiating until I produced a lower price than what they offered (Which was a pitiful $275)

October 6th, 2015, owner loyalty of $2000, and everything else they could give me in the package... about $25,300 for a 2015 e-Golf SEL with first aid, before taxes, license and registration, Ventura County, CA. With $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 CA state rebate, about $15,300 plus tax, tags and registration on the number above.

We will just have to wait and see what it's worth in 3,4,5, or 6 years down the line, when I decide to sell it, to determine residual, as I bought it, outright. No mileage limit. LED headlights, Leatherette interior instead of cloth, and most importantly to me... 7.2kwh charger and SAE CC level 3 charger capable too. Full recharges on 240V residential and 30 amps in 3 hours or less, almost all of the time.

Love the little beast, driven gently, 105 to 110 miles between recharges, no turtle showing in dash yet.

15300?
51% Residual? Nice.

I only got 42%. $12,500 at EOL.
While better for me if I want to buy, more money upfront.

3 year Residuals for 2016 SEs are typically around $12,000 while the SELs are around $15,500.

His $15,300 number was the end cost of buying a 2015 SEL after all haggling, discounts, and gov. rebates applied. I assume he paid cash as no financing was mentioned, nor was DMV fees.

johnnylingo said:
3 year Residuals for 2016 SEs are typically around $12,000 while the SELs are around $15,500.

His $15,300 number was the end cost of buying a 2015 SEL after all haggling, discounts, and gov. rebates applied. I assume he paid cash as no financing was mentioned, nor was DMV fees.

Correct. Taxes, license and fees worked out to just under $2500 additional. And I am hoping VW comes up with a replacement battery that's a full 30kwh or more in a few years, or if mine gives up the ghost and won't hold 70% SOC or better.

Picked up a urano gray SEL for $28,000 before taxes and title from Boston VW today.

With conquest cash, got marked down to $26,500.

After federal/state incentives looking at $16,500.

Almost as good as Joulesthief, but really couldn't get them any lower. Not a lot of E-Golfs left in Boston either.

We already leased our eGolf SE with the $2,000 loyalty bonus.

But we are talking with dealers to trade in our '12 TDI toward a '16 TSI.

Was told today to bring in my goodwill package, the registration for any current VW, *and* our BMW so they could stack the conquest and loyalty ($2,500) for us. I didn't realize that was possible so I figured I'd post it here for multiple car owners.

jmonkfish said:
Well I was told $159 before taxes and fees, so I guess with $50 it makes it $209? Well I'll see how it goes tomorrow and report back. How do you like it?

At $209 it would be $7,524 over the life of the loan. That's just barely beyond my $7,500 spending limit (I lose about 500 by turning in my FFE early because I already paid for January and February). If it's less than $7,500 then I'm still in. Otherwise I'll just wait until January or February to sign a new lease.

2016 E-Golf SE
10k mi/yr for 36 mo.
$159 before taxes & fees
$214 per mo. including upfront costs

(Elk Grove VW)

egolfEr said:
I got quote $0 down $0 drive off or fees...$195 with tax 12k miles...works out to $4500 over 3 years. The problem is ther are no cars to be found.
I'm confused, is this for an SE or SEL? 2015 or 2016? When you say no cars to be found, were you able to find one? Pretty good deal for 10k miles, let alone 12k!

If there aren't any cars around then that means it's just talk from a salesperson's mouth, which as we've found is worth about as much as the paper it isn't written upon.

If there's a VIN and a written quote, that's one thing. But it doesn't sound like an actionable offer so using it as a data point to measure an offer against is pointless.

jmonkfish said:
egolfEr said:
I'm confused, is this for an SE or SEL? 2015 or 2016? When you say no cars to be found, were you able to find one? Pretty good deal for 10k miles, let alone 12k!

this is a 2016 se. Currently So cal hardly has any cars available.

Back