Who reserved a Tesla Model 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forbin404 said:
As a shocker

Tesla posts 1st quarter loss. 2 Execs leave

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-tesla-earns-20160504-story.html

LA Times is a spin publishing outlet for lobbyists, i.e. oil industry, just like that scammy hitpiece about subsidies they did a while ago. The real story here is that Model 3 is on schedule, that the solar city aquisition added 200 million in cash, that tesla has $3b cash to build out the gigafactory and ramp up model 3 production, and that they don't need to do a capital raise, but could in order to de-risk.

Skryll said:
forbin404 said:
As a shocker

LA Times is a spin publishing outlet for lobbyists, i.e. oil industry, just like that scammy hitpiece about subsidies they did a while ago. The real story here is that Model 3 is on schedule, that the solar city aquisition added 200 million in cash, that tesla has $3b cash to build out the gigafactory and ramp up model 3 production, and that they don't need to do a capital raise, but could in order to de-risk.

Tesla is also carrying debt to the tune of billions of dollars. SolarCity was signing contracts with people who have defaulted on their mortgages. Tesla isn't all they try to make themselves out to be. There is a reason their stock fell 15% after their Q4 earnings call.

Jeremy1026 said:
Skryll said:
forbin404 said:
As a shocker

Tesla is also carrying debt to the tune of billions of dollars. SolarCity was signing contracts with people who have defaulted on their mortgages. Tesla isn't all they try to make themselves out to be. There is a reason their stock fell 15% after their Q4 earnings call.

Then why don't you short it then :) I will gladly buy the shares at a discount, you will be in good company, 37 million shares are still borrowed and sold short that will have to be bought back in the near future, likely at higher prices.

The billions of dollars have been invested well into the gigafactory to produce energy storage systems PowerPacks on a gridlevel and PowerWalls for homes, as well as battery packs for the upcoming Model 3. Solarcity has been integrated to sell not just rooftop solar but also the solar roof. Tesla has high margin on the cars they are making, and they can only have good margin on the model 3 if they can produce the battery packs at a low enough cost.

They are on the right path.

There is a reason why tencent invested 1.2 billion into tesla stock effectively buying 5% of the company recently.

A lot of people that invested into TSLA stocks are going to buy themselves a nice optioned out tesla with the proceeds once they liquidize part of their position. Which brings the stock shorters money into teslas hands to further accelerate the ramp up. It's brilliant really.

Happily driving a VW eGolf since 2015 and a Tesla Model X since 2016.

Jeremy1026 said:
Skryll said:
forbin404 said:
As a shocker

I bought a lot since then :)

Thought I would add a new post to put this one in the 'active' section so more top of mind for current e-Golf owner's; over on the LEAF forum lots more discussion about Tesla in general but not exactly productive (shorting stock, Tesla is doomed to fail, etc.) -- although it may be some time before we see someone who transitioned to or purchased a Model 3 as the number of cars delivered sits at less than 300 we should see more this last quarter.

Are those who said they would still plan to wait or changed their minds based on the latest info ?? -- some may not be aware but Tesla does have more specific info posted (was used for the press but its great for anyone who might be curious)

https://www.tesla.com/presskit

My '15 e-Golf LE has performed quite well for me vs the '12 LEAF SL I traded in for it; only one minor system error that turned out to be simply a false positive that was quickly resolved by my local VW dealer; put 10K miles on it over the last 10 months of ownership -- we did have a fairly mild winter here but did MUCH better than the 5-year old LEAF could handle when temps in the 20's; no issues when our temps were in the 90's either (much more efficient A/C system) and its simply more fun to drive -- actually hate to see it go! I would keep it if I had the garage space but its going once I take delivery on a Model 3 -- have opted for the 'first production' long-range battery, premium package, RWD model with 19" wheels and Enhanced Auto-Pilot so its now a $56,500 car (not including the $7,500 Fed Tax Credit) which may put it out of range with what others may be considering -- for piece of mind, I had my e-golf appraised for its trade-in value; still worth $14K (plus here in IL they also reduce the sales tax against a new car purchase so more like $15K) -- so it cost me $3K for 10K miles --- not bad at all!

Longer term -- I'd consider a used newer model e-Golf in a few years with a bit more range and better displays (the bigger center console and front of steering wheel screens along of course with the better headlights of the top series vs. my LE's standard headlights) when I have more garage space -- as a 2nd EV for commuting its still a great choice; these commuter-range EV's still depreciate like rocks so leasing or buying used or even new if you're in a multi-EV credit/rebate state still can make sense.

Any others out there change their minds ???

I configured my Model 3 on Friday!!! They said 4 week delivery time.

Side note, I'm a current owner and line waiter living on the east coast.

Back