Egolf vs. soul in texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manitou

Texas isn't all about EV's. There's a few. I test drove the Kia Soul today that just showed up I. Austin (supposedly just came off the truck). They were pushing hard as most dealerships do (they claim they are not commission, but their behavior says that's not 100% true).
Anyway, the car is nice. I w driven souls before and this ev+ model was slightly better than the typical soul. I like the tech it offers. I'm comparing a 2016 soul ev+ to a 2015 egolf SEL. The stereo thingie works in the soul, is big, and generally everything the 2015 SEL screen is not. The ventelated seats in the soul are a really nice to have in Texas heat. Couple extra miles of range is cool too. They quoted high prices but claim they will match the $300/month lease $0 upfront if I want to buy the first one here (Texas is unsure how EV's will be revived. It's a lot of old oil money)

The egolf, I've found a deal of 27,500 (can't lease out of state cars). I've rented golf's and really like the fit and finish. I see them as a competition for the i3 (with 2016 models.. Where they fixed the aweful infotainment system). The egolf isn't sold in Texas, will have to ship it in for an additional $1k. I'm concerned about the non-existing battery cooling also.
I guess I'm just talking out loud. I want the features of the soul in the egolf. Can't have it all as usual.
Feedback would be appreciated.

With the Soul EV being available for purchase in Texas and the e-Golf not, unless there were at least 2 nearby VW dealers trained and authorized to service the e-Golf, I'd definitely go with the Kia (or the deal on an e-Golf was just too good to pass up.)

The egolf is a pretty great deal (2015, $27k then minus the 7.5k fed credit.. So 20k for the car)

If I lived in Texas, the air quality is already so bad with what crap gets blown by the winds up out of Mexico, that I'd buy a diesel. Without hesitation. My eyes were burning last spring when I went to Big Bend National Park, wind was blowing out of the South, out of Old Mexico. Horrendous air quality. Perhaps it's just a South West Texas problem, El Paso was not much better.

Back