Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacomath

Hi All,

I am planning to lease an SE with quick charger. Considering that there is a 2017 model coming out soon, how much should I target for a monthly lease payment with a 10 k mile/year mileage for a 2016 SE with fast charger? I am planning to put 2500 as drive off as I will get it back as the CA credit.

Also which are the better dealerships in your experience to deal with?

jacomath said:
Hi All,

I am planning to lease an SE with quick charger. Considering that there is a 2017 model coming out soon, how much should I target for a monthly lease payment with a 10 k mile/year mileage for a 2016 SE with fast charger? I am planning to put 2500 as drive off as I will get it back as the CA credit.

Always go to http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/
Looks like you can get it for About $60/month if you drive low miles in Nor Cal.

Thank you, 60/month is including loyalty bonus for VW owners and recent graduate discount.

forbin404 said:
jacomath said:
Hi All,

Always go to http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/
Looks like you can get it for About $60/month if you drive low miles in Nor Cal.

Thank you all for your help.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 egolf SE with DC Fast Charger midnight blue from Dublin Volkswagen. Dublin VW was pleasant to deal with.

I hope it is an ok deal since I don't anticipate a daily commute of not more than 60 miles and this would be an exclusive commute car. I debated whether to wait for 2017, but as of now I don't anticipate a need for longer commute.

Here are the numbers:

Total Drive-off: 2625
Monthly: 120/month including tax
Miles: 10 k miles/year

Pretty nice deal. Paying about the same as I did but getting the DCFC for free and eligible for $2500 state rebate. I assume 36 month?

I'm also in the 55-60 daily commute range. Charging at home on regular 120V, it takes 12-13 hours to recover that during the summer and1 14-15 hours during the winter. You may want to consider purchasing and installing an L2 charger at home if those times are an issue.

Thank you, it is a 30 month lease, will see whether I can manage without L2 as I can charge at work.

johnnylingo said:
Pretty nice deal. Paying about the same as I did but getting the DCFC for free and eligible for $2500 state rebate. I assume 36 month?

I'm also in the 55-60 daily commute range. Charging at home on regular 120V, it takes 12-13 hours to recover that during the summer and1 14-15 hours during the winter. You may want to consider purchasing and installing an L2 charger at home if those times are an issue.

If you can get in on all the VW incentives (a kind of rare hat trick to be sure) you can get some really nice deals. I leased a 2016 SE with DCFC for $3000 driveoff and $109 a month with 12k miles/yr. Total cost after 30 months will be ~$3300 after all the rebates. This was qualifying for the VW owners' incentive ($1k), the new grad ($500) and the VW partner ($500). It wasn't that great of a deal at 7500 miles, but the dealer pretty much said 12k miles for the same price and I know I'd use more than 7500 a year. This was at Winn VW in Newark.

I am new here and trying to understand what the total lease cost will be. Does this mean total lease cost is $2625+$120x29 = $6105 for 30 months? Thanks!

Clair said:

I am new here and trying to understand what the total lease cost will be. Does this mean total lease cost is $2625+$120x29 = $6105 for 30 months? Thanks!
Plus the return fee of $395.

2625 + 3596.70 (119.89x29) + 350 (Disposition fee at the end of the lease).

Out of this you will get $ 2500 back from State of CA (assuming you qualify) and 500 from PGE.

Hopefully this helps and this is without any VW loyalty discounts. I guess you should get a better deal going forward considering 2017s are alomost here.

forbin404 said:
Clair said:

Plus the return fee of $395.

Back