Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Hi All,

I am planning to lease an SE with quick charger. Considering that there is a 2017 model coming out soon, how much should I target for a monthly lease payment with a 10 k mile/year mileage for a 2016 SE with fast charger? I am planning to put 2500 as drive off as I will get it back as the CA credit.

Also which are the better dealerships in your experience to deal with?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Posts: 453
jacomath wrote:
Hi All,

I am planning to lease an SE with quick charger. Considering that there is a 2017 model coming out soon, how much should I target for a monthly lease payment with a 10 k mile/year mileage for a 2016 SE with fast charger? I am planning to put 2500 as drive off as I will get it back as the CA credit.

Also which are the better dealerships in your experience to deal with?

Always go to http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/
Looks like you can get it for About $60/month if you drive low miles in Nor Cal.

_________________
2016 e-Golf SE
2015 Fiat 500e


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Thank you, 60/month is including loyalty bonus for VW owners and recent graduate discount.

forbin404 wrote:
jacomath wrote:
Hi All,

I am planning to lease an SE with quick charger. Considering that there is a 2017 model coming out soon, how much should I target for a monthly lease payment with a 10 k mile/year mileage for a 2016 SE with fast charger? I am planning to put 2500 as drive off as I will get it back as the CA credit.

Also which are the better dealerships in your experience to deal with?

Always go to http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/
Looks like you can get it for About $60/month if you drive low miles in Nor Cal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Posts: 453
Well that would then add about $45 back to the lease.

So $105 per month.

_________________
2016 e-Golf SE
2015 Fiat 500e


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Thank you all for your help.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 egolf SE with DC Fast Charger midnight blue from Dublin Volkswagen. Dublin VW was pleasant to deal with.

I hope it is an ok deal since I don't anticipate a daily commute of not more than 60 miles and this would be an exclusive commute car. I debated whether to wait for 2017, but as of now I don't anticipate a need for longer commute.

Here are the numbers:

Total Drive-off: 2625
Monthly: 120/month including tax
Miles: 10 k miles/year


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:32 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Pretty nice deal. Paying about the same as I did but getting the DCFC for free and eligible for $2500 state rebate. I assume 36 month?

I'm also in the 55-60 daily commute range. Charging at home on regular 120V, it takes 12-13 hours to recover that during the summer and1 14-15 hours during the winter. You may want to consider purchasing and installing an L2 charger at home if those times are an issue.

_________________
2016 e-Golf SE in Urano Grey * leased August 1st 2016 for $1500 down + $50 x 24 months


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Thank you, it is a 30 month lease, will see whether I can manage without L2 as I can charge at work.

johnnylingo wrote:
Pretty nice deal. Paying about the same as I did but getting the DCFC for free and eligible for $2500 state rebate. I assume 36 month?

I'm also in the 55-60 daily commute range. Charging at home on regular 120V, it takes 12-13 hours to recover that during the summer and1 14-15 hours during the winter. You may want to consider purchasing and installing an L2 charger at home if those times are an issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 am
Posts: 1
If you can get in on all the VW incentives (a kind of rare hat trick to be sure) you can get some really nice deals. I leased a 2016 SE with DCFC for $3000 driveoff and $109 a month with 12k miles/yr. Total cost after 30 months will be ~$3300 after all the rebates. This was qualifying for the VW owners' incentive ($1k), the new grad ($500) and the VW partner ($500). It wasn't that great of a deal at 7500 miles, but the dealer pretty much said 12k miles for the same price and I know I'd use more than 7500 a year. This was at Winn VW in Newark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:26 am
Posts: 1
Total Drive-off: 2625
Monthly: 120/month including tax
Miles: 10 k miles/year

I am new here and trying to understand what the total lease cost will be. Does this mean total lease cost is $2625+$120x29 = $6105 for 30 months? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Planning to lease an egolf in CA Bay Area
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Posts: 453
Clair wrote:
Total Drive-off: 2625
Monthly: 120/month including tax
Miles: 10 k miles/year

I am new here and trying to understand what the total lease cost will be. Does this mean total lease cost is $2625+$120x29 = $6105 for 30 months? Thanks!
Plus the return fee of $395.

_________________
2016 e-Golf SE
2015 Fiat 500e


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group