2016 SE with DCFC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my previous car (09 Nissan Versa 100k mi) was quickly turning into a headache. I sort of rushed this deal. Repairing it would have cost more than it's current value. Hopefully I did okay.

Volkswagen of Van Nuys in SoCal

- 36 month lease
- $1500 out the door, incl 1st month lease (Value of trade)
- 10k miles per year
- $220.58 per month for 35 months (Includes Tax, extended wear & tear)

Total cost of lease is $7,940.88 - $220.58 = $7,720.03
I qualified for a higher rebate, approved but not sent yet ($4,500). Once I do get it, it will bring down the price to $3,220.03 = Essentially my monthly becomes $89.44 per month. (Is my math correct? :lol: )

So far I'm loving e-Golf. Daily commute to work for me is usually around 28 mile round trip. I can't charge in our apartment but I do charge for free at work. For emergencies, there is a LA Fitness a couple of blocks away from where I live that have free chargers.

Not bad at all. That's around where mine would have been if I'd gone for the DCFC. Didn't know they bumped the low income rebate to $4500...damn that's a great deal if you're eligible.

Some air districts have additional rebates too. If you happen to live in the San Joaquin Valley, you can get an additional $3,000 rebate.

MervinsOnlineID said:
Nissan of Van Nuys in SoCal

I'm curious...you were able to lease a NEW VW from a Nissan dealer? Or did you mean you got your car from VW Van Nuys?

MervinsOnlineID said:
Oops. Volkswagen of Van Nuys!

Cool. Is there a salesman named "Cola" still there? He was the guy who sold me my car. He reminds me of the actor Yaphet Kotto.

RonDawg said:
MervinsOnlineID said:
Oops. Volkswagen of Van Nuys!

Cool. Is there a salesman named "Cola" still there? He was the guy who sold me my car. He reminds me of the actor Yaphet Kotto.

Nope. Don't remember seeing anyone that looked like Yaphet Kotto :D

Back