2015 SEL not charging to 100%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REM

Last week I unplugged my car in the morning and noticed that it wasn't fully charged. It should have been. Then it was fine the next couple days and I forgot about it. Then it stopped charging at 7/8th two consecutive days. It resumes charging if I wake the car up, but I'm not sure why the charge is being interrupted. I am using my Leviton 160 that I've been using since I got the car in 2015. It doesn't work with delayed charging becaue I have to manually wake the car for it to charge after the car is inactive for a while. While this may be related, I am annoyed that I cannot rely on waking up to a charged car. Any ideas why it may stop charging? I don't have access to the full carnet to limit the charge, so it cannot be that.

REM said:
Last week I unplugged my car in the morning and noticed that it wasn't fully charged. It should have been. Then it was fine the next couple days and I forgot about it. Then it stopped charging at 7/8th two consecutive days. It resumes charging if I wake the car up, but I'm not sure why the charge is being interrupted. I am using my Leviton 160 that I've been using since I got the car in 2015. It doesn't work with delayed charging becaue I have to manually wake the car for it to charge after the car is inactive for a while. While this may be related, I am annoyed that I cannot rely on waking up to a charged car. Any ideas why it may stop charging? I don't have access to the full carnet to limit the charge, so it cannot be that.
What you're describing could be caused by wonky charge settings. Since you have a 2015, the only way to modify those settings is through CarNet. Even if you didn't pay anything, you should still have some time left on the free 3 years of EV services in CarNet. I would pursue getting it set up again and reset everything so that the max charge is 100% and the min charge is low, like 10% or 20%. If you're not on Time-of-Use electric rates, then just disable the timers altogether.

miimura said:
REM said:
What you're describing could be caused by wonky charge settings. Since you have a 2015, the only way to modify those settings is through CarNet. Even if you didn't pay anything, you should still have some time left on the free 3 years of EV services in CarNet. I would pursue getting it set up again and reset everything so that the max charge is 100% and the min charge is low, like 10% or 20%. If you're not on Time-of-Use electric rates, then just disable the timers altogether.

I stand corrected, you're right that I can adjust charge % in the free part of the app. Unfortunately, it's already set to 100% at all locations.

Maybe your Leviton EVSE is having intermittent problems. Have you tried using the L1 EVSE included with the car to see if you consistently get 100% SOC using trickle charging?

Which button is lit when you plug your charge cable in?
e-golf-la-2014-charge-port.jpg

If it's the upper button, as shown in the picture, the car should always charge to 100%. If the lower button, a timer schedule is in effect, and could limit maximum charge.

Back