I am contemplating whether I should just wait for the newer model or just stop hesitating and get the 2016? Then again, you made a good point, by the time the newer model is on the market there should be some amazing pricing on the 2016s.
Exactly, and it's happening now... It totally depends on your use case: If you absolutely need the extra range, it' s a no-brainer to wait for a 17. If you can do without, it' s a no-brainer to take the "free" 2016 car VW is throwing at you... I talked to my sales guy and he confirmed the 2017 will absolutely NOT be given away like the 2016 inventory.... You will be paying substantially more... I mean they have offers right now for a $69/mo lease, which is BS admittedly if you read the fine print (pre tax, qualifying VW discount, graduating kid, your name needs to start with F and your blood type must be O negative
Real world at $130-140 a month (with possibly $100+ of gas savings on an EV electrical plan, and $40-50 savings on bridge tolls for me, plus use of HOV lane, $500 PGE rebate), the car essentially costs me insurance only... It's not technically free, but it's as free as an extra new car is gonna get. It's a short lease, take it, and by the time you are through with it the 2018s will be cheap and might have more range again, this game is moving fast