Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Key Fob Battery Life
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:55 am 

Nonyaz wrote:
To the people who have been getting this message, are you also getting "key fob not in range" while driving? I get this message all the time, but no low batt message (I didn't know it had a separate error code for that until reading this thread). I keep my fob in the little spot to the left of the cup holders, I think that should be a reasonable spot to be detected.

I put mine there as well and got that message once.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 am 

forbin404 wrote:
Nonyaz wrote:
To the people who have been getting this message, are you also getting "key fob not in range" while driving? I get this message all the time, but no low batt message (I didn't know it had a separate error code for that until reading this thread). I keep my fob in the little spot to the left of the cup holders, I think that should be a reasonable spot to be detected.

I put mine there as well and got that message once.

I started getting that rather frequently, and within a week, it was time for a new battery.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

JoulesThief wrote:
I started getting that rather frequently, and within a week, it was time for a new battery.

Listen up kid, any ace contractor such as myself would know that your typical 2025 battery only produces 3V at nominal, that's just contracting 101, try to keep up. You see, german cars and their electrical systems, well, need I say more? Frankly you would never pass as a fighter pilot flying around with low key fob batteries like that, didn't you do your preflight checklist? I have half a mind to write my congressman and get your FAA license revoked for even suggesting you can wait this long to replace the battery. Really, doing this on public streets is a health hazard and a nuisance. If you want to be reckless on a closed course that's your business, but to attempt this sort of stunt on public roads is just in poor taste.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 am 

I just replaced my main fob battery. I was getting not detected messages and it did not want to unlock. The old battery measured 3.03V unloaded.

I agree that the fob is poorly engineered. My fob was 6 months old. The battery is cheap and it is easy to replace, but still.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6