California Clean Fuel Rebates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

If you are in California and have electric service from one of the 3 major utilities, PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, you can get a rebate just for having an EV. PG&E gives a $500 rebate one time per VIN, SCE gives $450 one time per VIN, and SDG&E gives $50/year per VIN. You must have residential electric service and the vehicle registered to the same address. Any modern plug-in hybrid or EV can qualify.

PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate

SCE Clean Fuel Rebate

SDGE EV Climate Credit

SMUD, the Sacramento Municipal Utility District, also offers a similar rebate to those in the first post. However, it's not clear whether it's based on LCFS funding like the others. It has some additional requirements. The most significant is that it is only available for newly purchased or leased vehicles. The program started January 1, 2017 and you must apply with your vehicle purchase contract within 180 days of that transaction. Used vehicles are not eligible. You can choose either a $599 rebate or a free Clipper Creek HCS-40PR EVSE.

SMUD Drive Electric Incentive

Thanks miimura!

Time to get me $900 from SCE!
Too bad it will just go back to the state after the gas tax hike.

You're right. I forgot to mention the SDG&E increase from $50/year to $200/year here. They will recalculate the amount each year based on how much their LCFS credits are worth and how many people are participating for that year.

Well at least I get $450 for the eGolf from SCE. (Waiting for the check)

However they slipped in a little 'gotcha' to pay for this rebate.

I had printed the June 1st rates (On May 1st) and pinned it to my wall. I checked today (6/27) and found that they had changed.

My Peak rates went from 17c to 25c
Super Peak went down from 34c to 33c (Oh boy 1 cent)
And off peak remained the same at 13c.

So charging my car is the same, but staying the in house in the morning got real expensive.

forbin404 said:
Well at least I get $450 for the eGolf from SCE. (Waiting for the check)

However they slipped in a little 'gotcha' to pay for this rebate.

I had printed the June 1st rates (On May 1st) and pinned it to my wall. I checked today (6/27) and found that they had changed.

My Peak rates went from 17c to 25c
Super Peak went down from 34c to 33c (Oh boy 1 cent)
And off peak remained the same at 13c.

So charging my car is the same, but staying the in house in the morning got real expensive.

What are the hours of the day, that those rates take effect?

Back