JUST GOT MY CALIFORNIA REBATE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me...

CA Rebate:
2015-12-15: Filed application electronically
2015-12-18: Application approved
2016-01-22: Check mailed
2016-01-25: Check arrived

Posted in another thread, but HOV stickers:
2016-01-04: Application approved
2016-01-25: Check cashed
2016-02-02: Stickers arrived

Edit: Fixed crazy dates on the CA Rebate - thanks, forbin404, for pointing it out. :p

sodakar said:
For me...

CA Rebate:
2015-15-22: Filed application electronically
2015-18-14: Application approved
2016-01-22: Check mailed
2016-01-25: Check arrived

Posted in another thread, but HOV stickers:
2016-01-04: Application approved
2016-01-25: Check cashed
2016-02-02: Stickers arrived
You know those first 2 dates are impossible.

jillianvanliew said:
Just got the email TODAY that I will be getting my rebate in the mail!!! This is going to make me LOVE my car :D
Dunno, sounds like you love the money more?

Just got the rebate (holding it my hot little hands) and it took 6 weeks for mine to go through -from applying 11/20/16 to 1/3/17. I think that's pretty good considering I hit the holiday season! :cool:

JoulesThief said:
jillianvanliew said:
Just got the email TODAY that I will be getting my rebate in the mail!!! This is going to make me LOVE my car :D
Dunno, sounds like you love the money more?

Has to be a bit of both no? I'm gonna be getting by eGolf soon and I must say I am already excited about the possibility of a rebate in the mail, but this wont detract from my excitement of getting the car

Just FYI, the program is taking its sweet time to disburse the rebate checks at the moment.

01/23/17 Electronic application filed
02/23/17 Application approved
05/08/17 Notified check has been mailed
05/11/17 Check in mailbox

HOV decals took less than 3 weeks.

@daeofcal My timeline was similar to yours. I do not think income verification has anything to do with it since they would tell you if you were selected for income verification.

jeffy1021 said:
@daeofcal My timeline was similar to yours. I do not think income verification has anything to do with it since they would tell you if you were selected for income verification.
Someone just posted on ev-blogspot that they got theirs in under 3 weeks.

JammingJay said:
Congrats on both of you. I'm about 3 weeks since submission of the HOV stickers, and still have not yet received. A quick check of my bank account confirms they haven't cashed the $8 check yet so they might be backed up a bit.

since Ontario Canada and California have teamed up for the Carbon Market .. ? USA and Canada agreeing on taxes and fees ? I digress , Ontario BEVs and PIHEVs get free access to HOV lanes here , to encourage quicker adoption of EVs , and you do not have to have a passenger either .. but $8 / month ? is very reasonable or if annual ? why bother charging ;-) happy driving

Kosta said:
$8 / month ? is very reasonable or if annual ?

The $8 is a one-time processing fee. It has since gone up to $22.

The only time you have to pay again is if you buy another eligible car, or have to replace the stickers on your current car (i.e. car accident requiring bumper repainting).

RonDawg said:
Kosta said:
$8 / month ? is very reasonable or if annual ?

The $8 is a one-time processing fee. It has since gone up to $22.

The only time you have to pay again is if you buy another eligible car, or have to replace the stickers on your current car (i.e. car accident requiring bumper repainting).

even better ..

Back