eGolf in Vancouver BC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kataleen

Life just got a little bit more exciting with the announcement of the eGolf coming to Canada. As soon as I heard I signed up for one, and now I'm waiting to be contacted by the dealer.
There is a limited number of 2017 eGolfs available for Canada which as far as I heard is 250.
Anybody else? :)

I am also in Canada (Toronto) and have put down the $1,000 deposit. Also received the same "select a dealer" email and have since been trying to figure out the next steps and timelines. The way the email was worded suggested the orders are ready to be placed:

"Now that you've successfully reserved your e-Golf, it's time to build it. Visit a local participating dealership to customize your e-Golf and finalize your order..."

However, after speaking with both the dealer and VW Canada it appears that the systems are not set up to take our orders yet.

Ok, my dealer just got in touch and took the color and option selection. This is not an order yet, just a selection of preferences. I support VW Canada (and factory) would like to gauge the need for different models so they can adjust production accordingly.

Dealer also told me the Driver Assistance package is NOT available at launch. This was new information and somewhat disappointing for those hoping to order fully-loaded vehicles. The package will be available at some point thereafter, however no date is apparently available yet from VW Canada.

Initial launch time-frame Canada-wide is supposedly end of June to July. Different lease options will be available, including a low 16,000km lease.

Just thought I would share this update for others in the same boat.

egolf2017toronto said:
Ok, my dealer just got in touch and took the color and option selection. This is not an order yet, just a selection of preferences. I support VW Canada (and factory) would like to gauge the need for different models so they can adjust production accordingly.

Dealer also told me the Driver Assistance package is NOT available at launch. This was new information and somewhat disappointing for those hoping to order fully-loaded vehicles. The package will be available at some point thereafter, however no date is apparently available yet from VW Canada.

Initial launch time-frame Canada-wide is supposedly end of June to July. Different lease options will be available, including a low 16,000km lease.

Just thought I would share this update for others in the same boat.

In almost all VW lines in North America, the fully loaded vehicles are usually end of year production runs. VW likes to get all the bugs out with early production before adding in the more problematic options and goodies a loaded vehicle can cause for service and repair. The last thing you want to be in North America is a Beta Tester for a new VW model. This is why I bought a end of year May production run 2015 SEL. Many of the bugs by then had been ironed out with supply vendors and production line problems. My ego doesn't require me to be seen driving around in the newest, latest and greatest electric vehicle, or paying the premium price for it. Just a FYI.

Clarkdale in Vancouver had 7 of the 250 and they went fairly quickly.

I put a deposit down over a month ago which apparently puts me in the second batch. These are unlikely to arrive until much later (first batch: July, second batch: expected to be ordering in August for delivery October or later).

This is all from the dealer and should probably be taken with a pinch of salt; I've had to chase them for information on this process and details seem to be out in public before they are aware in the dealership (e.g. options pricing).

I like the look of the digital dash but would happily forget about it if it meant getting a car significantly earlier.

Hello all , suppose we could call this thread ' Canada corner ' ... :lol: ...bought my 2017 eGolf from BramgateVW ( brampton ontario ) supposed to get it in 2 weeks .. can't wait... :D I did not get the driver assist pkg , but I opted for the technology and leatherette seats ... downloaded the MOT rebate form .. now the question is do I put a LVL2 charger in the garage , or wait and see , as the commute is 4 kilometres each way .. should be able to do ? 10 days of work before being at half battery 110 plug should suffice overnight off peak ... just thinking aloud ... or hit a DC public charger if I need more in a hurry ..

Kosta said:
Hello all , suppose we could call this thread ' Canada corner ' ... :lol: ...bought my 2017 eGolf from BramgateVW ( brampton ontario ) supposed to get it in 2 weeks .. can't wait... :D I did not get the driver assist pkg , but I opted for the technology and leatherette seats ... downloaded the MOT rebate form .. now the question is do I put a LVL2 charger in the garage , or wait and see , as the commute is 4 kilometres each way .. should be able to do ? 10 days of work before being at half battery 110 plug should suffice overnight off peak ... just thinking aloud ... or hit a DC public charger if I need more in a hurry ..
If you're really driving that little, just set the car to charge to 80% or 90% and plug in the provided 120V cord. You should get 7km of range per hour of charging. It's better to charge a little every day than to build up a deficit over multiple days.

miimura said:
Kosta said:
If you're really driving that little, just set the car to charge to 80% or 90% and plug in the provided 120V cord. You should get 7km of range per hour of charging. It's better to charge a little every day than to build up a deficit over multiple days.

thanks , saw info on running the charge cycle , 40% to 70% repeat so very similar to your info

Hi Kosta,

Just curious, have you signed the purchase/lease paperwork with Bramgate VW or just pre-selected the color and package?

I am working with Volkswagen Villa and so far have just selected the color and package. They are not taking the orders yet, AFAIK. I am double-checking with salesperson now.

egolf2017toronto said:
Hi Kosta,

Just curious, have you signed the purchase/lease paperwork with Bramgate VW or just pre-selected the color and package?

I am working with Volkswagen Villa and so far have just selected the color and package. They are not taking the orders yet, AFAIK. I am double-checking with salesperson now.

signed the purchase , deposit waiting for the delivery

Thanks Kosta.

Would any other buyers in Canada mind sharing their order experience so far? I've just heard from my dealer this morning that my reservation has been bumped to the 2nd batch. Apparently that batch is arriving in August-September. No word on what caused the delay. I will be calling VW Canada Monday to understand this a bit better.

egolf2017toronto said:
Thanks Kosta.

Would any other buyers in Canada mind sharing their order experience so far? I've just heard from my dealer this morning that my reservation has been bumped to the 2nd batch. Apparently that batch is arriving in August-September. No word on what caused the delay. I will be calling VW Canada Monday to understand this a bit better.

think I was lucky , eGolfs assigned to dealers based on geographic / marketing , outer GTA ( greater Toronto Area ) received more units than inner city dealerships , dealers have to keep one unit ( probably a base ) to use as a demonstration vehicle , my local dealer has chosen ? not to carry or service eGolfs at this time ? I thought info from Toronto Auto Show was all dealers will carry and service them , thats why I held off buying a Leaf , as my local Nissan dealer does not sell or service them either , being 1 hour away from Toronto has limitations it seems I have a VW dealer in walking distance from my home , but have to travel 40 kilometres for service , not too bad , as I do not anticipate a huge need for service :)

Back