just leased...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joncoast

Hello All,

I just leased a 2016 SEL, 24 month lease, 7,500 miles/year
Cash down: $1,500
Fees: $1,480
Total out the door: $2,980
Monthly: $97 plus tax
Total: $5,420

Did this deal with the good people at Dublin VW. My SEL does not have the driver assist package. I'm aware that 24 month lease won't qualify for the CA $2,500. However, as everyone here knows, those funds are temporarily exhausted and I currently didn't qualify anyway. I may qualify next year, unless CA reduce further the income cap (which I wouldn't be surprised by).

I'm delighted to be joining the EV world. Thanks to all who have posted and shared their experiences. It was very helpful.

joncoast said:
Hello All,

I just leased a 2016 SEL, 24 month lease, 7,500 miles/year
Cash down: $1,500
Fees: $1,480
Total out the door: $2,980
Monthly: $97 plus tax
Total: $5,420

Did this deal with the good people at Dublin VW. My SEL does not have the driver assist package. I'm aware that 24 month lease won't qualify for the CA $2,500. However, as everyone here knows, those funds are temporarily exhausted and I currently didn't qualify anyway. I may qualify next year, unless CA reduce further the income cap (which I wouldn't be surprised by).

I'm delighted to be joining the EV world. Thanks to all who have posted and shared their experiences. It was very helpful.
welcome!
Are you planning to install a Level 2 Charger in your home? Does it have DCFC?

joncoast said:
Thanks! Yes, it has DCFC, and yes, I'll install level 2 charger.

Good, people here are very fond of the Juicebox which will allow you to control charging from your phone.

Here's a link to the wiki for the eGolf

http://myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=744

Awesome deal. You got an SEL for about $1000 more total than I paid for my base SE (no DCFC). In other words you're getting all the nice trim features (8" screen, leather seats, LED headlights, navigation, parking sensors, etc) for free.

joncoast said:
I'm aware that 24 month lease won't qualify for the CA $2,500. However, as everyone here knows, those funds are temporarily exhausted and I currently didn't qualify anyway. I may qualify next year, unless CA reduce further the income cap (which I wouldn't be surprised by).

Same here. While it sucks to miss out on the $, having the shorter lease term is has its perks too. I'll definitely be ready for something with longer range next summer and it is nice to not have to deal with a lease transfer and returning prorated rebate funds. There's usually better deals in July/August than January/February, in my experience.

johnnylingo said:
Awesome deal.

Thanks, johnnylingo! Having the details of your lease and your feedback on other posts was very helpful to my getting this deal.

forbin404 said:
Good, people here are very fond of the Juicebox which will allow you to control charging from your phone.

Here's a link to the wiki for the eGolf

http://myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=744

Thank you, forbin404.

Congratulations, this looks like a great deal. I'm looking to get SEL too, few questions for you
1) How did you manage to get the fees down to 1480? I have been quoted 2400 universally. Did you opt out of any services or just negotiated it down?
2) How much are you being quoted for insurance, i've been quoted as high as 1800 in peninsula?
3) Did you feel that the dealer was in a need to make a deal?
4) Finally, do you think going for 24 month lease make the dealer more inclined to go for a cheaper lease?

ronnie10 said:
Congratulations, this looks like a great deal. I'm looking to get SEL too, few questions for you
1) How did you manage to get the fees down to 1480? I have been quoted 2400 universally. Did you opt out of any services or just negotiated it down?
2) How much are you being quoted for insurance, i've been quoted as high as 1800 in peninsula?
3) Did you feel that the dealer was in a need to make a deal?
4) Finally, do you think going for 24 month lease make the dealer more inclined to go for a cheaper lease?

Sorry for the delayed reply.
1) That figure was mostly made up, so yes, I negotiated down. I based the figure on what I saw others here on this forum negotiate. My SEL does not have the driver assistance package, so perhaps the cars you're looking at do? It has everything else though; it's a beauty!
2) Yes, insurance is surprisingly high - similar quote to yours through AAA. I plan to shop around in a couple of months when my current policy year ends.
3) For sure, the dealer was eager to move the car. I'm quite certain that they would not have agreed otherwise. As discussed elsewhere on these pages, there are lots of reasons the dealers, and VW, want these cars to move.
4) Yes, the 24 month lease was an important ingredient. Bumping up to 30 month would have added quite significantly.

I hope this helps.

ronnie10, I should have added to #1: the dealer started out at $4,300 total out the door and $55/mth. The fees remained approx. the same; we negotiated on the cash down and monthly payment.

Back