Resetting service indicator in dash on 2015 SEL e-Golf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's on page 18 in the Owners Manual.

1. Switch off the ignition

2. Press and hold the "0.0" button in the dash.

3. Switch on the ignition.

4. Release the "0.0" button.

5. "Do you really want to reset inspect service?" will show up in the dash.

6. Confirm by pressing the "0.0" button.

Thanks for posting this. My 2016 just started informing me every day that I need to change my oil...!!!

I'd also like to add that the time interval between 5 and 6 is VERY short, maybe only a few seconds, and if you exceed that you have to start over again.

RonDawg said:
I'd also like to add that the time interval between 5 and 6 is VERY short, maybe only a few seconds, and if you exceed that you have to start over again.

Confirmed. I had to do the process twice because I wasn't fast enough the first time!

This procedure does not work for a 2016SEL. P.18 of manual simply delineates dash features rather than procedures. Anyone have any luck otherwise?

I just got this, I'm a bit tickled how it says I need an 'Oil Service and Maintenance in the next 30 days'

Lol, I am getting this service reminder as well, it was amusing to say the least but is it that difficult to program a computer to know it is installed in an electric vehicle?

BTW, are you folks ignoring it and resetting the service indicator? I am debating if I should take it to the dealer, I do have a few niggles I want them looking into. Specifically when I put the car into "B" or "Recuperation Mode 3" the car does not seem to enable full regenerative braking, I can sense it because when I let go of the pedal the car coasts whereas when it is engaged properly the car slows down.

jeep said:
Lol, I am getting this service reminder as well, it was amusing to say the least but is it that difficult to program a computer to know it is installed in an electric vehicle?

BTW, are you folks ignoring it and resetting the service indicator? I am debating if I should take it to the dealer, I do have a few niggles I want them looking into. Specifically when I put the car into "B" or "Recuperation Mode 3" the car does not seem to enable full regenerative braking, I can sense it because when I let go of the pedal the car coasts whereas when it is engaged properly the car slows down.
Are you only checking right after full charge? It doesn't fully activate until you are 2 lines down.

forbin404 said:
jeep said:

Are you only checking right after full charge? It doesn't fully activate until you are 2 lines down.

Ah, that could definitely explain. Thanks, but I just created a new thread on the topic http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1271, guess was doing that while you were posting the reply, I do have another issue with charging and departure times, would be interesting to learn about the same.

Back