Does VW allow lease transfer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,

Long time lurking member with 2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL.

I love my eGolf, nothing wrong with it, but due to the distance of my work, I will need to get something else with better range.

So my question is, will VW allow me to transfer the lease to someone else before it ends?

My lease deal is up to September 30, 2018, $243.05/mo with 12,000 mile per year.

Please advise.

Thanks!

swapalease.com says yes

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/Volkswagen/e-Golf/search.aspx?zip=90001&ltp=all

Yes, they do allow it. If I recall there'a a transfer free of $300-400 along with perhaps some additional for credit check.

Funny, I was planning a lease transfer on mine this summer so I could hop on a 2017 model. But at this rate it seems better to just wait out the clock until 2018. We may have a 48 kWh model available by then. Who knows.

Well, it is allow but you still will be on the hook till the lease ends.

I was about to pull a trigger on swapping mine. Found a buyer, local student, but after I figured out I will be on hook for everything (payment, insurance etc) in case of that person fail to do any of mentioned I backed up. You actually just add somebody to your lease, not fully transfer it and still financially responsible for it, in case of anything.

Be aware of that, only few companies still practice that, including VW.

vetaldj said:
Well, it is allow but you still will be on the hook till the lease ends.

I was about to pull a trigger on swapping mine. Found a buyer, local student, but after I figured out I will be on hook for everything (payment, insurance etc) in case of that person fail to do any of mentioned I backed up. You actually just add somebody to your lease, not fully transfer it and still financially responsible for it, in case of anything.

Be aware of that, only few companies still practice that, including VW.
That's not a 'swap' that's a 'lend'

A True lease swap involves calling VW, having the new person apply for credit and paying a transfer fee.

Back