SEL lease in SoCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djski

Finally pulled the trigger on an SEL. I first test drove an e-Golf in 2015 and loved it, but wasn't ready for a second car. By the time I was ready, news broke on the extended range 2017 and I've been playing the waiting game ever since. Was planning on an SE originally but the deals are just too good right now and at the end of the day, I decided it was worth getting the SEL for an extra $600-700 in total payments over 30 months. And I'm glad I did, as I'm really enjoying the car already.

Started with the Sunnyvale ad in negotiating, and dealers with inventory around here are willing to beat it.

Lease details - SEL w/ drivers asst pkg:

30 month / 7500 miles per year
$4245 due at signing (including first mo. payment)
$60 + $5 tax = $65 per month
Total payments including tax: $6130. My tax rate is 7.75%. Hopefully the $2500 CA rebate comes through :)

VW Pasadena had an extra $500 coupon from VW they applied to the deal (sounds like the Chevy IVCs? I was Volt shopping too so I had heard about those but didn't know VW did a similar thing). The guys at VW Pasadena were awesome, low pressure, no BS. They were even willing to go out and get the exact color I wanted from another dealer, but I would have forfeited the coupon so I went with their stock. Ben, in their internet sales dept, says he has one more SEL at the same price without the coupon, so $4745 drive off (at my tax rate). His thought was that 2017s are being skipped entirely.

Good job! I spoke to VW USA and asked about the prospect of no 2017 model. I was informed that it is coming potentially in September or October. VW told me it is delayed due to "software problems". The 2017s are on sale in CA, right? Maybe the German engineers are trying to figure out how to turn off the French displays.

djski said:
Finally pulled the trigger on an SEL. I first test drove an e-Golf in 2015 and loved it, but wasn't ready for a second car. By the time I was ready, news broke on the extended range 2017 and I've been playing the waiting game ever since. Was planning on an SE originally but the deals are just too good right now and at the end of the day, I decided it was worth getting the SEL for an extra $600-700 in total payments over 30 months. And I'm glad I did, as I'm really enjoying the car already.

Started with the Sunnyvale ad in negotiating, and dealers with inventory around here are willing to beat it.

Lease details - SEL w/ drivers asst pkg:

30 month / 7500 miles per year
$4245 due at signing (including first mo. payment)
$60 + $5 tax = $65 per month
Total payments including tax: $6130. My tax rate is 7.75%. Hopefully the $2500 CA rebate comes through :)

VW Pasadena had an extra $500 coupon from VW they applied to the deal (sounds like the Chevy IVCs? I was Volt shopping too so I had heard about those but didn't know VW did a similar thing). The guys at VW Pasadena were awesome, low pressure, no BS. They were even willing to go out and get the exact color I wanted from another dealer, but I would have forfeited the coupon so I went with their stock. Ben, in their internet sales dept, says he has one more SEL at the same price without the coupon, so $4745 drive off (at my tax rate). His thought was that 2017s are being skipped entirely.

Wow sounds like an awesome deal. On your lease agreement, can you share what your "Gross capitalized cost" is? This is about half way down your first page of the lease agreement. Also what is your Residual value? This is line "D" 4 lines below. Thanks.

cerroo said:
Wow sounds like an awesome deal. On your lease agreement, can you share what your "Gross capitalized cost" is? This is about half way down your first page of the lease agreement. Also what is your Residual value? This is line "D" 4 lines below. Thanks.

My only regret is not getting more miles on the lease :) But sounds like VW every now and then lets you buy miles before lease end at a discount (compared to buying at lease end).

gross cap cost - 25593 (includes $625 lease acq fee)
residual - 13300

What a great deal on a 2017 SEL !! I have a 2015 SEL and its $127 a month

How do you like the adaptive cruse control Also did yo get the digital display and 9.5 screen?

Is this on a 2017/18 updated mobile with the longer range of 125 miles OR a 2016/17 with 80 miles range?

sfsoundguy said:
Is this on a 2017/18 updated mobile with the longer range of 125 miles OR a 2016/17 with 80 miles range?
The original poster got a 2016 SEL with 84 mile EPA range in July. The 2017 Model Year cars with 125 mile EPA range just started appearing at dealers in the middle of September, 2017.

Thank you, But the drivers asst pkg: Was not available on the 2016....

Guess they just implied it was a 2017...

sfsoundguy said:

Yes, the Driver Assistance Package was available on the 2016 SEL, but it was severely crippled with only FCW/AEB and Park Assist. It was only $395.

The 2017 SEL is available with a Driver Assistance Package that has all of these features:
- Digital Cockpit
- Park Assist (Park Steering Assistant)
- Front Assist (Forward Collision Warning with Autonomous Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Detection)
- Active Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Lane Assist (Lane Departure Warning)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Light Assist (Active High Beam Control)
It costs $1,395 and has "Late Availability".

sfsoundguy said:

Sure it was
http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=873

Back