Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 e-Golf to be sold Nationwide in USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:46 am 

Tony wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
When July 1st rolls around, info from VW will probably be released on the new version e-Golf with the 35.8 kwh battery and increased range.

July 1st has come and gone, no news on the e-Golf. I don't believe VW will deliver on the nationwide sale commitment; they may eventually sell some in the ZEV states. The Tesla model3, and more likely the Nissan Leaf will beat VW to the punch and WILL eat their lunch in the EV market. The latest rumor from Nissan is that they'll offer three battery levels for the new 2018-19 Leaf. The top capacity will be 60kwh AND it'll be sold nationwide. If this come to pass, I think VW is in trouble with the e-Golf in the US.
Forget about e-Golf at your local dealer nationwide in 2018, don't see how. Nissan will introduce the new Leaf on September 6; there'll be 40kwh batteries, good for 160 mile range (a big disappointment). In the US Nissan is committed to a nationwide presence, but may not be at every dealer (probably at larger city dealers). Regrettably, when I turn-in my TDI next year, it'll be my last VW (my first one was 1966!).

Last edited by Tony on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:35 pm 

I just got a note from my SoCal dealer that the 2017's are arriving in 14 days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:11 am 

forbin404 wrote:

Yep, VW will continue to deal with the e-Golf as a compliance car in the 9 ZEV states; this allows them to sell the rest of their ICE cars in these states.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm 

Tony wrote:
forbin404 wrote:

Yep, VW will continue to deal with the e-Golf as a compliance car in the 9 ZEV states; this allows them to sell the rest of their ICE cars in these states.

Does VW have to sell a compliance car in each of the 9 ZEV states, or only where they wish to, based on market conditions? Can they choose to only sell in one or two states, i.e. CA and OR?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 pm 

wmscott2017 wrote:
Tony wrote:
forbin404 wrote:

Does VW have to sell a compliance car in each of the 9 ZEV states, or only where they wish to, based on market conditions? Can they choose to only sell in one or two states, i.e. CA and OR?
They can pick and chose where to sell their e-Golf; however, in any of these 9 states, if they want to sell ICE cars, they also have to sell a certain number (%) of ZE Vehicles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:22 pm 

2017eGolf wrote:
Tony wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
When July 1st rolls around, info from VW will probably be released on the new version e-Golf with the 35.8 kwh battery and increased range.

July 1st has come and gone, no news on the e-Golf. I don't believe VW will deliver on the nationwide sale commitment; they may eventually sell some in the ZEV states. The Tesla model3, and more likely the Nissan Leaf will beat VW to the punch and WILL eat their lunch in the EV market. The latest rumor from Nissan is that they'll offer three battery levels for the new 2018-19 Leaf. The top capacity will be 60kwh AND it'll be sold nationwide. If this come to pass, I think VW is in trouble with the e-Golf in the US.

This situation is inexcusable. I suspect they are prioritizing Ontario because of incentives, but the lack of communication is pathetic.

I have never bought a VW before, but was willing to give it a try. This is extremely unimpressive.

The press release claimed that the car would be out in Spring. Local dealers told me "definitely June," but they wouldn't know until the cars show up. Then July. And then the reviews have said that the SEL won't even be available at launch. Given that the whole reason to buy an eGolf over the Bolt is the premium interior and SEL features, that seems like a dumb move.

Following the vw escapades from Oregon, we see the exact same b*t. Hadn't heard the SEL might not be released but the reports from Canadian buyers on FB forums indicate they can get it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 pm 

I know better than to believe VW speculation or creating pent up demand for a car here in the USA. I'll believe it when I see them on VW's lots, and VW is advertising to move them. But not a moment before. VW is flaky like that, year in and year out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am 

I just saw a 2017 e-Golf on highway 101 near San Mateo this weekend. The car is at least available in CA. It's possible that the driver is a VW employee, but if so, it indicates that general release is imminent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 am 

f1geek wrote:
I just saw a 2017 e-Golf on highway 101 near San Mateo this weekend.

How did you know it was a 2017? The headlights were different?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am 

I saw the lower rear valence with the fake exhaust pipe channels. I also saw the e-Golf badge and the different rear tail lights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next