This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm01

New here, first post. Just got a 2017 that I use to go to work and back. Pleased to say I am getting about 270km on a charge. Where I live that equates to about $2 Canadian bucks.

Norm01 said:
New here, first post. Just got a 2017 that I use to go to work and back. Pleased to say I am getting about 270km on a charge. Where I live that equates to about $2 Canadian bucks.

Wow, that's great range. I hope to have mine delivered by spring 2018 and my commute is 100km round trip, so I'm hoping the range will be enough, more so in the winter months with the reduced battery capacity and using cabin heat. Worst case is I have access to free DC fast chargers where I park for work, so I think I'm covered.

Norm01 said:

Is that actual range AFTER you drive or is that the estimated range the instruments are saying?

Zeuser said:
Norm01 said:

Is that actual range AFTER you drive or is that the estimated range the instruments are saying?

Did actual 220km and computer estimated a remaining 50 when I charged.

Wonderful! I'm waiting for mine... about a 90km/day commute for me, St. Joachim to Chatham, Ont. We also have a DC Fast charge downtown... maybe a 10 minute drive to get to it from work,... but if I was stuck in a pinch I could top off there...

By the way, I'm also a Norm... Nice to see another one!

flyboy320 said:
Norm01 said:

Wow, that's great range. I hope to have mine delivered by spring 2018 and my commute is 100km round trip, so I'm hoping the range will be enough, more so in the winter months with the reduced battery capacity and using cabin heat. Worst case is I have access to free DC fast chargers where I park for work, so I think I'm covered.
ends
Read your owners manual, before you buy. If 2017 is anything like 2015, and LiPo batteries that are passively cooled, VW recommends that you recharge at home as much as possible, and that you use DC fast charging "sparingly" as it does tend to reduce capacity and shorten the life of the battery. Read the fine print, before you buy, don't rely on DC quick charging regularly.

Back