Lease return: tires ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deschodt

Anyone know if VW expects the same tire that came with the car upon lease return ?

No, they're not worn, but I hate those tires (ecopia). They chirp when I barely brake at 10 mpg as long as one tire is on a painted surface. It's funny (almost), they smake it sound like you'r ein full lock up more when all you did was gently caress the brake pedal but one tire hit the painted letter of a STOP or something... They have zero grip. I'd like to put something a little higher quality (rolling resistance be damned) but I wonder if I need to put a certain type of EV-friendly tire to return the car next year. If so is there a compromise somewhere, some EV-rated low resistance but that actually grips more and does not chirp all the time ?

Deschodt said:
Anyone know if VW expects the same tire that came with the car upon lease return ?

No, they're not worn, but I hate those tires (ecopia). They chirp when I barely brake at 10 mpg as long as one tire is on a painted surface. It's funny (almost), they smake it sound like you'r ein full lock up more when all you did was gently caress the brake pedal but one tire hit the painted letter of a STOP or something... They have zero grip. I'd like to put something a little higher quality (rolling resistance be damned) but I wonder if I need to put a certain type of EV-friendly tire to return the car next year. If so is there a compromise somewhere, some EV-rated low resistance but that actually grips more and does not chirp all the time ?
As long as the tires :

1) Fit properly
2) Are ALL the same type
3) Have 6/32" I believe.

You are golden.

Tread depth requirement is typically 4/32 minimum, and tires are required to be same size and speed rating as oem tires.

Exact requirements for vehicle condition at lease end, including tires, are spelled out in your lease paperwork. If it's not written there, you aren't responsible for it - eg. matching, eco or low-rolling resistance, etc. Read it carefully...

Spektre said:
Tread depth requirement is typically 4/32 minimum, and tires are required to be same size and speed rating as oem tires.

Exact requirements for vehicle condition at lease end, including tires, are spelled out in your lease paperwork. If it's not written there, you aren't responsible for it - eg. matching, eco or low-rolling resistance, etc. Read it carefully...
I've had several leases that look specifically for any mismatched tires.
It's part of the general inspection so I doubt VW isn't going to 'pass' on it.

My big one when I turn in next year is 'stains'. Those SE cloth seats stain even with water...yuck.

forbin404 said:
Spektre said:

I've had several leases that look specifically for any mismatched tires.
It's part of the general inspection so I doubt VW isn't going to 'pass' on it.

My big one when I turn in next year is 'stains'. Those SE cloth seats stain even with water...yuck.

The lease end brochure is at this link

On page 6, under 'Normal Wear and Use' it states:
• Multiple tire types are acceptable for VW vehicles not equipped with 4MOTION®
all-wheel drive as long as they are the same size and speed rating as original equipment
• VW vehicles equipped with 4MOTION® all-wheel drive must have matching brand,
size, and rating on all tires

Thank you for the guide! Nissan has something just like that, I'm glad to see VW does too.

Nissan does specify a "matching" set of at least 4/32 tread for its lease returns.

Thanks Spectre! Well looks like I can mismatch my tires all I want on a VW..haha

I hope the water stains are minor wear and tear....I hope.

Back