Leftover 2016 e-Golf SELs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dad488

I'm looking for a lowball price on an e-Golf SEL 2016. I know there have been deals in CA. Does anyone know of a local dealer who is trying to "get rid of" 2016 eGolfs?

Deals are where you find them. You have to go out and do the leg work to make them happen. They don't get handed to you.

Sorry, I'm in CT. So am looking to all the east coast compliance states - Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island , New York, New Jersey and Maryland. I have been looking on my own but isn't the purpose of the forums to save time and help each other out?

dad488 said:
Sorry, I'm in CT. So am looking to all the east coast compliance states - Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island , New York, New Jersey and Maryland. I have been looking on my own but isn't the purpose of the forums to save time and help each other out?

dad488, I am in Virginia, and am in the same camp. Little help from Maryland dealers. I am working with a Bay-area dealership in CA, that is easy to work with and motivated; I am probably going to ship one here, as it only adds ~$1,500 to the price. Send me a PM, and I can share with you the details.

Picked one up this weekend, wanted to share info so others can use it to find the best deal

Sunnyvale VW
$2900 downpayment (taxes, fees included)
48+tax/month
eGolf SE with Quick Charge
24 month lease (this does not qualify for $2500 rebate)

Serramonte had the exact same terms, but only on SE without quick charge. They wanted $500 more for quick charge.
Best of luck

I'm an egolf owner in Massachusetts. Got a great deal on a 2015 SEL two years ago. Which I still own until at least December.

Bought a Bolt Premiere last weekend and LOVE it so far. Quirk Chevy is having insanely good deals right now ($6k off msrp), and I could argue that the Bolt may be a better deal. It's faster, and almost as much fun to drive. Seats are a little uncomfortable, but there's a youtube walkthrough on how to add foam padding to them. Takes 5 mins.

Plan is to trade the golf in for $14k at the end of the year for an additional Bolt (for my niece). Has 15k miles. If you want to buy it earlier, let me know. Otherwise I'd suggest getting into a Bolt!

IMC said:
Picked one up this weekend, wanted to share info so others can use it to find the best deal

Sunnyvale VW
$2900 downpayment (taxes, fees included)
48+tax/month
eGolf SE with Quick Charge
24 month lease (this does not qualify for $2500 rebate)

Serramonte had the exact same terms, but only on SE without quick charge. They wanted $500 more for quick charge.
Best of luck

The post above works out to about $168/month not including tax, so if you figure tax is approx $5/month, then total is $173/month.

For comparison and if you're interested in a longer lease and claiming the $2500 rebate, I just picked up a 2016 SE with quick charge with $5000 down (I wanted to maximize miles on my credit card), paying $94/month, which includes wear and tear coverage ($600) and tax. I can also claim the $2500 California tax incentive bringing my net down payment after tax rebate to $2500. This mean my total is $163.44/month for 36 months. Slightly cheaper than above deal, including taxes and wear and tear coverage, which means guaranteed no out of pocket expenses when I turn in the car in 3 years. If I opted to not get the wear and tear, that would've knocked off $16.67 off my payment. I figure for peace of mind, and probably actual expenses, the $600 is worth it. It covers stains on the seats, brakes, tires, windshield, etc.

There is one e-golf left and I believe the deal is even better now at VW momentum in Fairfield, Ca. Tell them Jackie sent you please and ask for Laura. They treated me well and I got a free hat, t-shirt for my kid, and golf license plate cover. They were great.

I just bought a SE without quick charge from Richmond Hilltop VW, CA for $19,100 last week. After all the rebate I am able to get the car for $11,500 out of the door. The dealership even allowed to pick our color. I plan to keep the car for a while as it fits our need so I didn't choose to lease it.

Back