Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charging without WIFI
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm 

Hey folks. Looking to know if there is a wifi charger out there that will maintain charging even when a wifi signal is lost. We live rurally and our ISP is not the most reliable, frequently slows or drops connection. I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight. I know that I could just opt for the non wifi models out there, but I do think wifi may serve us well especially with all of the CarNet complaints I've been reading.

Much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Charging without WIFI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 am 

I don't know if the Juicebox Pro 40 does what you're asking, but your answer may just be a phone call away. Electric Motor Works (844) 584-2329.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm 

I would call ChargePoint and validate, my ChargePoint manual shows it charges without wifi.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm 

ADV wrote:
I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight.

I was curious so I unplugged my cable modem at 8:55 last night. No problems at all; the Chargepoint is set for PG&E's E6 plan and kicked on at 9 PM same as always.

Then did the same test tonight, but also temporarily killing the power to the Chargepoint at 8:57. Once again, it kicked on at 9 PM without issue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 am 

ADV wrote:
Hey folks. Looking to know if there is a wifi charger out there that will maintain charging even when a wifi signal is lost. We live rurally and our ISP is not the most reliable, frequently slows or drops connection. I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight. I know that I could just opt for the non wifi models out there, but I do think wifi may serve us well especially with all of the CarNet complaints I've been reading.

Much appreciated!

I installed the FLO charger from Que / supplied by VW canada .. seems to work ok , uses PLC as a connection to router

1976 MGB
maintain nanas 2013 VW jetta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 am 

Kosta wrote:
ADV wrote:

Much appreciated!

I installed the FLO charger from Que / supplied by VW canada .. seems to work ok , uses PLC as a connection to router

I can confirm that the flo X5 doesn't stop charging if it's not connected to the flo cloud. It keeps track of the data internally and will report it back to the server after re-connecting. I have yet to lose the data from a charging session.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 am 

I just installed Flo x5 last night the plc shows three green lights, I installed/activated but the web portal gives me a message pending installation??!!

Charging functions work as they should but no app or web functionality. What does pending installation mean?

Flo X5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 am 

babakp wrote:
I just installed Flo x5 last night the plc shows three green lights, I installed/activated but the web portal gives me a message pending installation??!!

Charging functions work as they should but no app or web functionality. What does pending installation mean?
It means you're an early adopter Beta Tester. Perhaps a Google search turns something up, or looking on Flo's website? Or maybe it's in the owners manual for the Flo device you have?