Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2017 e-Golf release date in US?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm 

when is this coming out? at this rate, might as well call them the 2018 e-Golf.

Post subject: Re: 2017 e-Golf release date in US?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm 

This car will be released “next month” - that’s been the official word continuously since last November 2016. VW just haven’t got their act together. Last I heard from a USA based VW executive when I emailed him last month with the very same question you posted was ... “next month” i.e. September. I’ll bet you pretty much anything that won’t happen (yet again).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 am 

Something about kicking and balls seems very appropriate here ;-).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 am 

johnnylingo wrote:

Fitting, in so many ways. When will we ever learn to just buy what is on the show floor, once it's there. Don't be a Charlie Brown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 am 

Great comparison. It reminds me of VW's claim of "clean" diesels from their polluting, cheating TDIs, which for so many years spewed poison into the air and into our lungs, causing asthma and cancer. Of course, the poison spewing continues to this day. I hope VW never again sells a new TDI in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm 

[quote="f1geek"]Great comparison. It reminds me of VW's claim of "clean" diesels from their polluting, cheating TDIs, which for so many years spewed poison into the air and into our lungs, causing asthma and cancer. Of course, the poison spewing continues to this day. I hope VW never again sells a new TDI in the USA.[/quote

Waste much time projecting your political beliefs on Bulletin boards?

I hope you never fly anywhere ever again either, or use a bus, or need a ride somewhere, or use synthetic materials produced as by products from petroleum oil. Because to do so would be oh so hypocritical and myopic of you.

The posts you make, and how many times you've been corrected on your errors by different people, basically make you lose all veracity here on this forum. Your words are worth nothing. You may be a Geek in certain subject matters, but the e-Golf isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 pm 

The fact that Toxic Death Inhalation is what TDI really means is NOT a political viewpoint, it is the reality. You are happy to take my taxpayer money for an EV but yet you claim that ICE engines don't pollute? Such hypocrisy. The reason there are subsidies for EVs is because they reduce pollution, use less energy, and cut our reliance on fossil fuels. Did you get a $7500 tax credit for buying your Toxic Death machine?

As it turns out, I was proven right, yet again, in my prediction of the timing of the 2017 e-Golf pricing. I predicted the first two weeks of September for that information to be released, and guess what? Read today's press release from VW for pricing on the 2017 e-Golf.

JoulesThief doesn't even know the difference between kW and kWh, so his "knowledge" about electricity is proof of his incompetence. And he also has a very thin skin because he can't resist when someone yanks his chain. I knew my comments about TDIs would rile him up. Thanks for being our local troll!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm 

Official USA pricing was released today. Cars should start showing up on dealer lots any day now. One dealer rep from SoCal claimed on Facebook to have 2 on the lot going through PDI and would be available for sale as soon as they got the green light from corporate.

SE: $30,495 - "now offers more standard equipment, including an 8-inch glass-covered touchscreen display, LED taillights, cruise control, a leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel, and the 7.2 kW on-board charger. A DC Fast Charging package is available for $995."

LE: $33,795 - "includes the myriad standard features of the SE trim, and adds DC Fast Charging capability, V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces, and Park Distance Control (ParkPilot)"

SEL Premium: $36,995 - "offers an optional Driver Assistance package ($1,395), including the 12.3-inch Volkswagen Digital Cockpit instrument cluster, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Warning with Autonomous Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist), Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, Park Assist and Light Assist. (Late availability for the Driver Assistance Package)."

The press release however does not say what the SEL adds above the LE model if you don't get the Driver Assistance Package. Presumably it will be the Heat Pump and the 9.2" Discover Pro infotainment system with Navigation.

There is no mention of which trim levels will have LED headlights.

http://media.vw.com/release/1435/

https://electrek.co/2017/09/14/vw-e-gol ... -price-us/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:05 pm 

Don't forget to add $820 destination charge! I'm glad they (finally) added the leather steering wheel and cruise control to the SE, which already came standard on every gas powered Golf. When you add the DC package, the 2017 price increase to a comparable 2016 model is only $685, but you also get more power and range.

Only the SEL gets the LED headlights. All come standard with LED taillights. I care more about the headlights, since the halogens really suck and why I replaced them with HID housings / bulbs.