E-Golf software update, Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babakp

Getting familiarized with the car (first VW) and I notice the time zone section only includes Europe and certain Asian countries!!
I connected car to my home wifi and initiated software update but it returns an error and asks for media (SD card etc) with software!

BMW updating is quite straight forward by I couldn't locate anything via google and VW Canada site!! Any suggestions beside going to dealer?

Two days after getting the car I was disappointed with my first service call and filed complaint with general manager so until I hear his response I don't want to deal with selling dealership. So "call dealer" not an option for the time being

I have an identical issue with mine. My guess is that OTA updates are not supported in Canada. The corresponding section in the manual is quite confusing. Let us know if you ever figure this out.

I have a 2015 USA e-Golf. I wish it had OTA updates. I know you don't want to hear this, but any software updates made to my car were performed at the dealer. I tried the SD card update once, and also got an error. I don't think VW wants customers updating software, based on my interactions with them. Heck, I couldn't even find out what the battery management system says is my car's current battery capacity - VW customer care told me that information was impossible to obtain and after my persistence, I was told the dealer could tell me, but only if the car was kept for several days. I declined that service visit. Now I calculate the capacity by hand, though it isn't the most accurate. Best of luck!

Back